Driving licence expiry query

Convicted Driver Insurance

blueyonder76

Well Known Member
I was unfortunately banned in 2016 but my renewal was up in 2019, however I did not receive a renewal. Now I know that photocard liccence's expire very 10 years but does that mean my licence has full stop and I need to resit my test. ?

Thanks

I was unfortunately banned in 2016 but my renewal was up in 2019, however I did not receive a renewal. Now I know that photocard liccence's expire very 10 years but does that mean my licence has full stop and I need to resit my test. ?

Thanks
No you just need to renewal

Thanks- also due to having an alcohol related accident I am worried my GP may classify this as alcohol misuse or dependence - there are valid reasons for the accident but if I get a yearly licence do I have to tell potential employers the reason ?

Thanks- also due to having an alcohol related accident I am worried my GP may classify this as alcohol misuse or dependence - there are valid reasons for the accident but if I get a yearly licence do I have to tell potential employers the reason ?
I dunno that, suppose it depends if you're driving works car/van presume your work know you're already banned

Thanks if you have your own car and correct insurance not so important
I wouldn't think so, you'd have to declare it probably like if you were gonna be a driver for Amazon or Sainsburys but if you work in an office I don't see why a company needs to know if you have one year licence, most probably simply ask do you drive?!

I wouldn't think so, you'd have to declare it probably like if you were gonna be a driver for Amazon or Sainsburys but if you work in an office I don't see why a company needs to know if you have one year licence, most probably simply ask do you drive?!
Unless you require a DBS check as it shows as a criminal conviction- best to be up front if you know they want one. It has mixed responses, so be prepared- if they want a dbs I would informally ask if DR10 an issue

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off