Driving in an emergency

Convicted Driver Insurance

London89

Well Known Member
Please help. This happened this morning 2am
I am a first time offender.

I was in a mental health crisis.

I suffer from many chronic health issues and also with depression and anxiety. I am medicated but I still have bouts of low mood, depression and anxiety. I was very low had chest heaviness and l had some wine. I took a huge overdose of about 12 Amytriptyline and about half a bottle of Oramorph hoping to end my life. I then panicked and got into the car to drive to A and E for intervention in my crisis.

On my previous suicide attempt my husband drove me to A and E. As I was driving to A and E l instantly and irrationally decided to end my life and stop the pain. Instantly l just saw a bollard and drove into it. I blanked out and came to trapped inside the car which was upside down.

in August 2022 l jumped in front of a vehicle hoping to end my suffering. I sustained minor injuries.

I hope l can get medical intervention to help me with chronic pain, depression and anxiety. My depression and anxiety is more intense in the winter months.

Please help. This happened this morning 2am
I am a first time offender.

I was in a mental health crisis.

I suffer from many chronic health issues and also with depression and anxiety. I am medicated but I still have bouts of low mood, depression and anxiety. I was very low had chest heaviness and l had some wine. I took a huge overdose of about 12 Amytriptyline and about half a bottle of Oramorph hoping to end my life. I then panicked and got into the car to drive to A and E for intervention in my crisis.

On my previous suicide attempt my husband drove me to A and E. As I was driving to A and E l instantly and irrationally decided to end my life and stop the pain. Instantly l just saw a bollard and drove into it. I blanked out and came to trapped inside the car which was upside down.

in August 2022 l jumped in front of a vehicle hoping to end my suffering. I sustained minor injuries.

I hope l can get medical intervention to help me with chronic pain, depression and anxiety. My depression and anxiety is more intense in the winter months.
So did you get caught drink driving at 2am this morning?

Breathalyser was 56. Refused to give blood or urine as advised by paramedic. Police took a statement from me in the hospital and left

Breathalyser was 56. Refused to give blood or urine as advised by paramedic. Police took a statement from me in the hospital and left

Thank you. Went straight to hospital. Blew 56

OK, I'm not entrely sure, but with only the roadside test being used and refusing to give blood or urine, you might get charged with failing or refusing to provide. If that's the case, you're looking at 17-28 month disqualification and bring HRO. My suggestion is going to the docs and starting some therapy to get to you root of your depression, take sometime to do self care and self love. Address your relationship around alcohol and meds. The dvla are going to want to see changes in your mental health because they will investigate you when you get to apply for yr licence again.

This site is amazing for support and advice. I know what I've said probably isn't what you wanted to hear but it's best to be prepared.

I think because it was hospital, the police have 6 months to contact you regarding prosecution too?

Thank you MssBee the confusing thing is that I stated that this paramedic said l should not give you any sample , ask her. The police just kept quiet.

I asked them why are you not telling her that she is advising me wrongly but they just kept quiet.

Thank you MssBee the confusing thing is that I stated that this paramedic said l should not give you any sample , ask her. The police just kept quiet.

I asked them why are you not telling her that she is advising me wrongly but they just kept quiet.
Maybe they've taken sympathy on you?

Ok. Please advise. How much approximately will it cost. Did you go to court? What were your circumstances and outcome if you don’t mind sharing

Ok. Please advise. How much approximately will it cost. Did you go to court? What were your circumstances and outcome if you don’t mind sharing

I didn't pay for one. I used the duty free one.

I was caught in Dec 2020 after leaving my abusive husband and being plunged straight in to lockdown my mental health took a blow. I'd had a huge row with my ex and hadn't seen my children over Xmas as it was his year. I decided after the best part of a bottle of gin, to go and drive and find a place to crash my car. Luckily for me I stalled my car at some traffic lights and forgot to turn my lights on, I was pulled over and blew 97 at the station.
I was banned for 2 years reduced to 18 months once I completed the drink drive course. Fined £50 and had to report to probation for 18 months!
My ban ended on 28th Sept and I'm still going through the HRO journey to get my licence back.

I am sorry to hear your story. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for replying to me. I was very very anxious. Thank you You are on the home straight now. All the best

It can not be normal to not get arrested or kept in hospital after drink driving. I am just confused

It can not be normal to not get arrested or kept in hospital after drink driving. I am just confused
The police have your details and breathalyser results so if they are going to do anything they will send you a letter within 6 months to advise of prosecution

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off