Driving conviction

Convicted Driver Insurance

Robert1998

Please help I’ve recently sold my car but the Person has gone and carshed the car before I had chance put it on there name the car was still registered to me I’ve got nothing to do with the crash but the police gonna be looking for me for it I didn’t know the person who I sold it to so I got no way giving any evidence on the prrson who I’ve sold it to , please help

HI,

For one, calm down.
Two, how did you sell the car? (Cash, Bank transfer, Gumtree, Ebay?)

Did they show you a valid driving license with the ID on it? Before you sold it to them?

Did you meet them at home or at your home?

Too many variable's to give a straight answer.

How did you find them and how did they know where to meet you?

Do you have any witnesses see you sell the car, any cameras?

Kind regards,

Stu

HI,

For one, calm down.
Two, how did you sell the car? (Cash, Bank transfer, Gumtree, Ebay?)

Did they show you a valid driving license with the ID on it? Before you sold it to them?

Did you meet them at home or at your home?

Too many variable's to give a straight answer.

How did you find them and how did they know where to meet you?

Do you have any witnesses see you sell the car, any cameras?

Kind regards,

Stu
Sold the car cash, no they didn’t show any Id the car was outside my house with for sale sign on it and they knocked on my door saying there interested in buy it, yes my mum was there when I sold it

How do you know they’ve crashed it is my first question?!

Secondly, your insurance company will know the date of cancellation or change (probably recorded too). The new owner will therefore be liable on their insurance.

Finally, why would the Police be looking for you??

Kate x

Last edited:
Please help I’ve recently sold my car but the Person has gone and carshed the car before I had chance put it on there name the car was still registered to me I’ve got nothing to do with the crash but the police gonna be looking for me for it I didn’t know the person who I sold it to so I got no way giving any evidence on the prrson who I’ve sold it to , please help
I'm not sure how you know the 'other person' has crashed the car, and I don't know why you are asking this question on a drink driving forum?

It is your responsibility to change the ownership details, so if you have not done this it is an offence for which you could be prosecuted. If the other driver has crashed and, say, they were drunk and ran away to try and blame someone else, then the Police will probably use CCTV and other means to see if they can identify who was driving. It is possible that they could track your mobile phone to see if you were anywhere near the crash at the time.

At the end of the day, Dibble are not fools. They have seen it all before. Someone lying through their teeth about the truth is more likely to attract a bigger penalty than someone holding their hands up when it comes to court.

If it is true that you sold the car to John Doe, and John then went and crashed it (either through drink or not) then I do not know why you are stressing. If it is nothing to do with you, it is nothing to worry about.

Did they not give you details for filling in the v5 or something? Did you cancel your insurance? When he crashed it did they arrest him? How do you know he crashed it?

Calm down, you're innocent you aren't going to be convicted just because it's registered to you it's about who was driving and they can find that out by various means x

Interestingly, Robert1998 joined the DD site last Saturday when he created this thread and was only online for 15 mins and hasn't been back on since. He's probably sat in front of his keyboard playing with himself reading our replies or maybe he is now in police custody for alleged DD and leaving the scene of an accident!!!!

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off