Driving ban in Poland, any consequences in UK?

Convicted Driver Insurance

y500

Hi.

I’ve been stopped by police in Poland earlier this month. Breathalysed, over the legal limit. My UK licence is now with police over there, I’m facing court case next month.

From what I know I’ll get suspended prison sentence, fine and ban from driving in Poland. My driving licence will be sent to issuing body in UK, DVLA.

First sample of breath, reading was 0.4 micrograms so higher than British legal limit.

My question is: will I be banned from driving in Britain, what other consequences can I face over here? I am professional driver in UK for over 10 years with full clean licence so far. Is DVLA obligated to inform my Employer?

Thank you for any advice.

A ban in Poland is not a ban in the U.K. as there is no reciprocal arrangements between the countries.
You mention being a professional driver, if that involves goods vehicles or PCV’s then DVLA may pass the information they receive from Poland to the Traffic Commissioner who could decide to have a conduct hearing into your fitness to hold your licence.

A ban in Poland is not a ban in the U.K. as there is no reciprocal arrangements between the countries.
You mention being a professional driver, if that involves goods vehicles or PCV’s then DVLA may pass the information they receive from Poland to the Traffic Commissioner who could decide to have a conduct hearing into your fitness to hold your licence.
Hi All.
I wish to confirm, 2 years on and noone has let DVLA or any other UK authorities know about ban in Poland.

Thanks for letting us know….. what is your driving status now? Driving in the U.K. or abroad?

Thanks for letting us know….. what is your driving status now? Driving in the U.K. or abroad?
Full clean UK licence.
I've been driving in Ireland.
Obviously I'm not allowed to drive in Poland for another year.
If I had to I would take a risk to drive on continent but honestly I have no idea am I allowed or not in any other country.

I am not aware of ANY reciprocal agreements that Poland have with other countries to recognise their disqualifications.
Have you obtained a duplicate licence from DVLA ok?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off