Drive whilst unfit through drink

Convicted Driver Insurance

Wayne3687

Hi, I have been charged and due to appear in court on 6/10/21 with driving whilst unfit through drink on the 4/6/21 and also failure to stop at a road accident on the same date. I had had a few pints that evening, went home fell asleep but awoke felt I'd sobered up and drove to a different location. On the way I clipped a wingmirror but didn't stop. I was chased down by the owner of that car who pulled infront of me and stopped causing a further collision. The other driver assaulted me several times to the head and I was bleeding a lot and pretty beat up. The police where called by another member of the public and I failed a roadside breath test. I was in a state from the assault and was losing consciousness so was blue lighted by the cop to hospital and lost consciousness. No secondary or blood test was performed to my knowledge so just the roadside test I failed. I may have passed the blood test if id of been able to do one. Where do I stand as regards to likely action by the courts?

Good evening.

To answer this fully is quite complex but in short you are charged with unfit because they don't have a reading. To prove unfit they should really have a doctors statement saying that you were unfit and without that you could potentially defend the matter. As to leaving the scene I think if you hadn't gone very far it seems a pretty harsh charge especially given the assault upon yourself.

Good evening.

To answer this fully is quite complex but in short you are charged with unfit because they don't have a reading. To prove unfit they should really have a doctors statement saying that you were unfit and without that you could potentially defend the matter. As to leaving the scene I think if you hadn't gone very far it seems a pretty harsh charge especially given the assault upon yourself.
Thanks for your rapid response. What would it cost me to hire a solicitor to defend me in this case? I have no savings and little disposable income as I'm on minimum wage and in seasonal work due to end in a little over a month.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off