Drink offence and drugs

Convicted Driver Insurance

TB96

Hi guys,
Recently stumbled across this site, but I was arrested the other night with my alcohol limits above the allowed amount (41mg) and was also found with cocaine in system (bloods taken and sent off). No previous convictions, clean license etc. Got told by police at the time I could expect a court date in a few months as bloods take a while to come back, went into cell.. came out and was given a charge sheet with a court date in 2 weeks time by the chief officer?? the charge sheet didn’t mention any drugs, just drink.. so I’m pretty confused, didn’t ask anything at the time as frankly, I just wanted to leave as soon as I could. Any ideas on why this is? Appreciate any help if anyone has any idea or previous experience.

Hi guys,
Recently stumbled across this site, but I was arrested the other night with my alcohol limits above the allowed amount (41mg) and was also found with cocaine in system (bloods taken and sent off). No previous convictions, clean license etc. Got told by police at the time I could expect a court date in a few months as bloods take a while to come back, went into cell.. came out and was given a charge sheet with a court date in 2 weeks time by the chief officer?? the charge sheet didn’t mention any drugs, just drink.. so I’m pretty confused, didn’t ask anything at the time as frankly, I just wanted to leave as soon as I could. Any ideas on why this is? Appreciate any help if anyone has any idea or previous experience.
If you used the evidential breath machine they can charge you for the alcohol offence on the spot/when you're sober and give you a court date. The court date will be just for the alcohol. It will take 3-6 months for the blood results to come back, so when they do if you're over the limit on cocaine or benzoylecgonine (or any others of the 17 drugs under Section 5A) you'll get another court date for the drug offence. Most forces currently have to hold their samples for 2-3 months before they can even send them to the lab because of capacity issues, so the result won't be back soon.

If you used the evidential breath machine they can charge you for the alcohol offence on the spot/when you're sober and give you a court date. The court date will be just for the alcohol. It will take 3-6 months for the blood results to come back, so when they do if you're over the limit on cocaine or benzoylecgonine (or any others of the 17 drugs under Section 5A) you'll get another court date for the drug offence. Most forces currently have to hold their samples for 2-3 months before they can even send them to the lab because of capacity issues, so the result won't be back soon.
Oh right okay. Just strange when everyone I’ve seen to get charged for both in the past got given one court date for both charges (ie waited for the drug results then charged with both in one court date)

Hi guys,
TB96, you seem to have asked this question in at least 4 different threads.

Any reason for that?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off