Drink Driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Cartini

Good Afternoon,

Your advice would be very welcome.

My girlfriend`s daughter, who is 23, stupidly tried driving home (to her mother`s) last night after a night out. Shortly after setting off, she clipped a car wing mirror (mirror damage to both the car she was driving and the car she clipped) and was subsequently reported to the police. She was breathalysed with a reading of 83 / 100 and spent the night in cells. She was the only person in the car.

She`s been bailed to appear at the magistrates court on the 5th July and has been advised (by the "duty" solicitor) to seek legal representation.

As an initial "warning", what is she likely to be "awarded" on her day in court?

Would the fact she is a registered carer for her mother (she`s insured to drive her mother`s car), who is recovering from lung cancer and has Parkinson`s disease, be a mitigating circumstance?

Understandably, she`s devastated and her mother isn`t much better.

Your advice would be very welcome.

Thank you,

Andy

Good morning,

83 with an accident will mean that the Court will be considering a community punishment and a ban of between 23 to 28 months.

Mitigation will certainly have an effect upon this but your biggest chance of getting a lower sentence is hiring a good lawyer to deliver the mitigation.

Can I ask if she has any previous convictions?

Kind regards
Martin.

Good morning,

83 with an accident will mean that the Court will be considering a community punishment and a ban of between 23 to 28 months.

Mitigation will certainly have an effect upon this but your biggest chance of getting a lower sentence is hiring a good lawyer to deliver the mitigation.

Can I ask if she has any previous convictions?

Kind regards
Martin.
Good Afternoon Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

She has no other convictions; this is the first time she`s ever been in trouble with the police.

Thank you,

Andy

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off