Drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

mandy124

Hi
I had been charged for drink driving and not driving according to insurance (provisional driver) I also hit a car NOONE was injured.

I just want to know what could happen as this is my first offence and I have an 8 month old daughter.

In order to give an idea, can you let us know what you blew at the station, whether you are in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland and whether your daughter was in the car with you?

In order to give an idea, can you let us know what you blew at the station, whether you are in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland and whether your daughter was in the car with you?
I blew 71 and I’m in England and no I was alone

You're likely to be banned for 18months plus (due to the no insurance and the collision) Make sure to ask for the drink drive course to reduce your ban by 25% - other than that check the small print on your insurance to see if you are/will be liable for the 3rd party costs at some point.
The good news is your breath reading doesnt put you in the HRO category so getting your license back at the end of the ban will be much easier.
Good luck!

18 months probably, as said above (driving without a full license and without insurance being the aggravating factors here).

But you’ll almost certainly be offered the course to reduce this, if it’s a first offence.

How much damage did you cause to the other vehicle? Hopefully it’s minor as - insurance or not (not that mine was any good in my circumstances… ****ing Admiral) - that damage will need to be repaired somehow.

The damage wasn’t bad just a bit of damage on the back bumper on the right. Do they sentence custodial in my circumstances ?

99.9% no way so don't worry about that... I can't see it going beyond the ban + a fine related to your salary..

Hell no! Absolutely no way you’ll be getting anything near a custodial, so don’t fret about that.

Hi.bi was in same situation but blew 89. I lost licence for 22months. Because of covid and mess that is in dvla it's been almost 3 years and still didn't received my license. Any reply or step from dvla takes 3-6 months.
You should be worried more about that your daughter could lost her father. Your car accident couldn't end up for you deadly or someone lese which will end up with 15y in proson minimum

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off