Drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Manz123

Hi

I was involved in an accident last Friday which happened around 1AM. I was breathalysed at the scene and failed and was taken to the local police station. The breathalyser was not working so they said I would need a blood test which was taken at 03:04am. Ten minutes after the blood test they used the hand held breath machine which gave a reading of 39. I was then released without charge.

Below is the drinking history:

Had 2 pints of Konig (4.8%) between 3-4pm on Thursday
Had 3 bottles of Peroni 330ml (5.1%) between 5.30 to 6.30 pm on Thursday
Had 3 pints of Camden Lager (4.6%) between 7.30pm to 10.30pm on Thursday this was with a 3 course meal
1 small champagne glass (11%) post meal around 10pm

I am a male 6'2 tall and weigh 88kg

I have sent off my bloods today to be tested privately and was wondering what are the chances of this coming below the 0.08 mark from your experience?

many thanks
manny

I have looked at the likely result for you. If your account is correct, and unless you are a person who metabolises alcohol quicker than the average person, your blood result is likely to be in the order of 105-115 - so above the legal limit.
The fact that your result on a breath test device just after the blood was taken was just over (but below the limit for prosecution) should not raise your hopes too much as it was a hand held device and only gives an indication of what your reading MIGHT be.

With them number 12 month ban offer of Rehab DD course and a fine. If you plead guilty. No matter on the size and build your body will process 1 unit of alcohol per hour , 1 hour after your first drink , there’s no set amount of units you can drive on but if you base 1 pint as 2.5 units and you can have about 2 pints it gives you a very loose indication. If you don get away lucky don’t do it again would be the lesson here.

Sorry with the absolve that didn’t include you having an accident , you could be looking at a longer ban, and Community service. Your insurance will also be invalid so any damages will have to be paid for from yourself if there was a third party involved this could provide very costly, I don’t have this experience myself but I’ve read on your way to almost left people bankrupt. Fingers crossed you get away with this and put it down to life experience.

Sorry with the absolve that didn’t include you having an accident , you could be looking at a longer ban, and Community service. Your insurance will also be invalid so any damages will have to be paid for from yourself if there was a third party involved this could provide very costly, I don’t have this experience myself but I’ve read on your way to almost left people bankrupt. Fingers crossed you get away with this and put it down to life experience.
Insurers are obligated to pay out for any damages to third parties under the road traffic act, so insurance wont be invalid. They likely wont pay out any damages to the insured if they were over the legal limit so a driver over the legal limit wouldnt be able to claim for damages to their own vehicle.

Some insurers have a drink or drugs clause which basically states they reserve the right to recover any sum paid out to third parties from the insured or the driver if there was an accident where the insured or any driver insured to drive the vehicle was convicted of an offence involving drink or drugs.

https://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/threads/admiral-insurance-drink-and-drugs-policy.34185/

Yeah and that’s whats left people bankrupt on this forum, so in theory they’re not paying out as if still comes out of your pocket, thanks for clearing that up luckily I’ve not had to deal with it and didn’t know the full ins and outs but knew that was some sort clause

I've been advised by a few people it's only Admiral and 1st Central that claims back 3rs party claims. I'm half way through the DSRS course and been told they cant come after me for 3rs party payments. I'm in no way thinking what I did is acceptable. It has destroyed my life. I told my insurance I had been arrested for DD and rang back k e or 4 times afterwards about the 3rd party reclaim from us. They have said NO they do not do that. I still feel at present I would take myself out of this situation (world). SORRY to anyone that has gone through either side of this.

I've been advised by a few people it's only Admiral and 1st Central that claims back 3rs party claims. I'm half way through the DSRS course and been told they cant come after me for 3rs party payments. I'm in no way thinking what I did is acceptable. It has destroyed my life. I told my insurance I had been arrested for DD and rang back k e or 4 times afterwards about the 3rd party reclaim from us. They have said NO they do not do that. I still feel at present I would take myself out of this situation (world). SORRY to anyone that has gone through either side of this.

1st Central don’t

I actually read through all the fine print of my contract as well which took a fair while and there’s no mention of claiming back costs from you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off