Drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

userjake98

I have been charged with drink driving after getting caught with my reverse light on about to drive home. My breath test was 57 milligrams. I have wrote a letter to present in court to show my remorsefulness and that I'm genuinely sorry for the crime I have committed. This is my first time ever in trouble with the law. I am suppose to join the Royal Navy in a few months but am now aware that the likelihood of that happening is very slim now. I was wondering if I need a solicitor in court even though I am going to plead guilty and if there's still a chance I can join the navy whilst still have the driving ban that I'm going to get.

You are not required to have a solicitor with you at court but it is helpful to have someone there to speak on your behalf and highlight the relevant mitigation and background to the offence.

A reading of 57µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath means you will be sentenced to a ban of between 12 and 16 months and will have a fine imposed. The fine is based on your income and starts at 150% of your 'relevant weekly income'.

This will also result in a criminal conviction which may have an impact on your application to join the Royal Navy but that is something you ill need to speak with the Navy directly about.

If I have wrote a letter for the judge to read that explains my mitigations will I just have to give it to them or read it out personally. Also will I get questioned about the night of the incident?

You are unlikely to be directly questioned about the specifics of the incident or the lead up to it. You should ideally address the court directly rather than simply hand the document up.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off