DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Convicted Driver Insurance
Tuesday is the court date.
I have hired a solicitor and got some really nice, truthful character references.

My fear is if I get a prison sentence, I will loose my home (partner left me to pay for the mortgage alone) as well as my jobs.
Have you told your employer? Mine were really good good with me and appreciated my honesty.
I highly doubt you will go to prison so please try not to worry. You will feel so much better after Tuesday. Remember court is a process. You will need to speak to a probation officer about your background etc. They are there to help you. As my offence took place in February and took so long to go to court I feel that's why I got a 26 month ban and also blowing the lower end of the bracket (starts at 119)

Have you told your employer? Mine were really good good with me and appreciated my honesty.
I highly doubt you will go to prison so please try not to worry. You will feel so much better after Tuesday. Remember court is a process. You will need to speak to a probation officer about your background etc. They are there to help you. As my offence took place in February and took so long to go to court I feel that's why I got a 26 month ban and also blowing the lower end of the bracket (starts at 119)
Thank you for you support.
I haven't told my employer, don't think they will be very supportive.
The fact I blew the upper bracket has me really worried. I'll just be so relieved when it's over, and then move on.

Tuesday is the court date.
I have hired a solicitor and got some really nice, truthful character references.

My fear is if I get a prison sentence, I will loose my home (partner left me to pay for the mortgage alone) as well as my jobs.
Prison is very unlikely and is the last resort for magistrates. On a first offense, if they do consider a prison sentence it would more than likely be a suspended sentence. The most likely outcome will be probation and/or community service along with the ban and fine/costs.

Walk tall, you have made a huge mistake but this will not be the downfall of you. Dress smart, show remorse and apologise for your actions. Hopefully your solicitor will make the court aware that this is completely out of character and that you are full of remorse and embarrassment. Ask him to request the drink drive course which will reduce your ban by 25%.

I know it will be hard for the first few months, but do not let things fester, remember that after the court case you will be paranoid that everyone is talking about you, believe me they are not - they will forget really quickly even though you will not. Ensure you do not spiral into depression which will possibly drive you to drinking for self medication, this just makes the situation worse and will no doubt make the whole experience last longer. Remember the past cannot be changed, but the future can. Learn from the whole situation and grow from it. Accept your wrongdoing and you will move forward happier.

Thank you for you support.
I haven't told my employer, don't think they will be very supportive.
The fact I blew the upper bracket has me really worried. I'll just be so relieved when it's over, and then move on.
Honestly I was exactly the same as you and drove myself into massive anxiety. I know it's easy for me to say but you will be fine. The court staff were all helpful and lovely. I took my daughter with me for support which I would really recommend if you can take someone. I didnt want her coming into the court room with me so she waited outside in the corridor. I have been quite open about my DD. Mainly to make other people think before they jump into a car after driving. I now use public transport and walk. For me this has helped me get fitter and I also do lots of reading (whilst on the bus). I've got a step calculator on my phone and its unbelievable how many steps i get in each day.

Honestly I was exactly the same as you and drove myself into massive anxiety. I know it's easy for me to say but you will be fine. The court staff were all helpful and lovely. I took my daughter with me for support which I would really recommend if you can take someone. I didnt want her coming into the court room with me so she waited outside in the corridor. I have been quite open about my DD. Mainly to make other people think before they jump into a car after driving. I now use public transport and walk. For me this has helped me get fitter and I also do lots of reading (whilst on the bus). I've got a step calculator on my phone and its unbelievable how many steps i get in each day.
Thank you again for your help and support. My friends and family have actually been great l, and a friend will be coming to court with me but not sure how it will work with covid restrictions.
My anxiety is through the roof, but I know it will settle down again once the court day is over, what ever happens.

Thank you again for your help and support. My friends and family have actually been great l, and a friend will be coming to court with me but not sure how it will work with covid restrictions.
My anxiety is through the roof, but I know it will settle down again once the court day is over, what ever happens.
Your friend will be able to go. You just need to wear masks everywhere until you speak to the Judge or Magistrate. I was terrible the day before Court with worrying and was very ratty with everyone. The morning of the Court I was fine. I got some inner strength from somewhere. Think I was just glad it was going to be done with. As said above stand proud.

Good luck in court, one thing I would say is go dressed up. I was up in court two years ago this November and it was 2 days before Remembrance Sunday. Everyone in the building was in trackies and expensive Nike air trainers. I went into court suited and booted and wearing a poppy and the Magistrate commented that I was the only defendant she'd seen in 2 weeks wearing a poppy, little things can make a difference!

How did you get on in court Kw82?x
I was a complete mess, but all the staff were really nice and supportive.
I got 29 month ban, with the option for the course, that I plan to do. And 200 hours unpaid work. It was better than I expected. I think the judge realised there was a reason I've been working two jobs, and a fine would have been counter productive.

I was a complete mess, but all the staff were really nice and supportive.
I got 29 month ban, with the option for the course, that I plan to do. And 200 hours unpaid work. It was better than I expected. I think the judge realised there was a reason I've been working two jobs, and a fine would have been counter productive.
Very similar to me. Glad it's over for you now.

Been to court today 24.9.20

Brief Description of Offence:
Had a few drinks with a family member. Ended up drinking alot of red wine and thinking I could drive home 😫😥

Blood Alcohol Level and Reading Type:
122 in breath

Mitigating Factors:
Long clean driving licence, short distance driven (.7 miles), no other criminal convictions, early guilty plea, compliant with the police, stressed due to work and looking after poorly parent

Aggravating Factors:
Crashed into a stationary van, very high reading

Legal Representation at Court?:
Yes - although it transpired my Solicitor was the duty solicitor for the day. Felt a bit ripped off especially when we were disturbed so he could see another case (which was worse than mine). Solicitors costs £500.

Sentence:
26 month ban, 180 hours CS to be taken over 18 months, £85 court costs

Offered the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course?:
Yea and will take the course. This will reduce my ban to 20 months.

Sentence Comments:
Happy with my sentence I was expecting a higher ban and a suspended sentence.
Arrived to court and was very nervous. Was told i would be facing the District Judge. I panicked at the thought of this but was told by my Solicitor and probation officer that it's much better to have the District Judge than a Magistrate. Went in and had the charges read then had to speak to the Probation Officer before sentancing. He was absolutley brilliant. Went through some options and it was deemed I didnt need an intervention or any other support.
I will never drink drive again. I am glad it is over and can draw a line under it. Happy to give advice to anyone going through this. I have been so stressed out but in all honesty all it wasnt as bad as I thought. This forum has been really helpful to me and felt I really needed to document this.
Have you been classed as a HRO? X

We are both right because the breath test machine only reports whole numbers, not .5’s!
Price how does it work for a DR30 conviction? I was given the lower culpability aspect due to my anxieties.. how will that affect me? Am I a HRO? Will I need a medical?

The culpability level For failing to provide assists the magistrates with sentencing, but all of them make you a HRO so you will have to do a medical before you get your licence back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off