Drink driving mistake help!

Convicted Driver Insurance

benjaminp2187

Hi i got arrested last week for drink driving, i am due in court on teusday 14th july ill tell you all the details: i had been drinking alot and got into an argument with friends i went down to my car and drove off. I got to the end of the road and realised i was doing something very stupid so i turned round and went back, as i got back a police van was there talking to my friends as a complaint had been made about noise, the police saw me drive off and come back to them, after a breath test i was arrested and taken to the station where i blew 96. I have only minor points on my license and not been in trouble before is there any way i can plea my story for a reduced ban? i made a big mistake and was very intoxicated and i did go back I also don't have a solicitor is it advisable to get a duty soliciter at the court? What sort of sentence/fine am i looking at? Please help!. Thanks

Hi there,

You can expect to receive a Community order and a ban of between 23 - 28 months if the Magistrates follow their sentencing guidelines.

If you want a reduced ban, it is unlikely without very persuasive mitigation and a good advocate. It is certainly worth hiring a solicitor privately as a duty solicitor may only be able to spend a maximum of 5 - 10 minutes with you before your case is dealt with in Court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off