drink driving - mental health

Convicted Driver Insurance

charlie1

Hi,

I made the stupid decision to drink drive last week. I blew 43mg. I was stopped because I'd turned onto the high street by mistake, which is bus only. It was late at night, so there was a police car in town.

I have no previous criminal records and I have a clean license. The police said I'd just had a bad night and that I will be facing a ban of 12 month with a possible reduction to 9 months if I am offered a course.

I've been struggling with my mental health. I wondered whether this could affect my sentence? I'd been receiving therapy for depression and anxiety through the NHS. On the night I wasn't doing very well and believe this was a factor in me making the stupid decision.

I have left my work and I am very worried about what a criminal record will mean for employment. Am I certain to receive a criminal conviction with a sentence? I was definitely in the wrong and don't want to try and justify it.

Thanks for any help,

Charlie

Last edited:
Thank you. That's very helpful to know. Can you provide advice on what I should prepare for court ? Should I prepare a plea for mitigation to get the minimum sentence, provide evidence of my therapy or anything else?

Thanks again,
Charlie

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off