Drink driving limit

Convicted Driver Insurance
So if the drink driving limit is 35micro grams how many pints or glasses of wine is this ?
As Jimbob says, it depends on a lot of factors, but in broad terms it amounts to 5 units of alcohol for a man, or 3 units for a Woman. You then have to look at the strength of the beer you are drinking or the strength of the wine and the glass size to work out the answer to your question.
That is unless you are in Scotland or Northern Ireland, where the legal limit is lower and amounts to 3 units for a man or 2 for a woman.

As Jimbob says, it depends on a lot of factors, but in broad terms it amounts to 5 units of alcohol for a man, or 3 units for a Woman. You then have to look at the strength of the beer you are drinking or the strength of the wine and the glass size to work out the answer to your question.
That is unless you are in Scotland or Northern Ireland, where the legal limit is lower and amounts to 3 units for a man or 2 for a woman.
John I thought we in Northern Ireland had the same legal limits as England and Wales. Has it changed recently? Thanks.

John I thought we in Northern Ireland had the same legal limits as England and Wales. Has it changed recently? Thanks.

ooops, you are right, your limit has not been lowered yet in Northern Ireland.
I helped write the argument as to what the legal limit should be a few years ago, for Ministers to consider (they wanted a VERY low limit but changed their mind when they say just how little alcohol this was) and it has become legislation... BUT the legislation is still on hold because if a delay in the roll out of suitable breath test equipment for the police to use to enforce the new lower limit.
You can read about it below. That will teach me to engage my brain before I fire off a quick

ooops, you are right, your limit has not been lowered yet in Northern Ireland.
I helped write the argument as to what the legal limit should be a few years ago, for Ministers to consider (they wanted a VERY low limit but changed their mind when they say just how little alcohol this was) and it has become legislation... BUT the legislation is still on hold because if a delay in the roll out of suitable breath test equipment for the police to use to enforce the new lower limit.
You can read about it below. That will teach me to engage my brain before I fire off a quick

Thanks John. Good to know. Elsa

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off