Drink Driving Letter

Convicted Driver Insurance

RINTYG

Hello All!

I just wondered if anybody on here had ever received a letter from the police saying that somebody had anonymously reported them for drink driving?

My sister received such a letter but neither of us are sure whether it is genuine or not. Firstly, the letter is dated 07/05/2020 (which was then corrected to 2010 with a pen) but it wasn't posted until the 8 June. The letter isn't signed and although it is on headed paper, it's just black and white and not colour. I know that's probably normal but it just seems a bit strange.

The letter says "information has been received by the police from an anonymous source that you are a drink driver or criminal road user, driving without all the correct documentation". It goes on to say that the information has been passed to police patrols and she should reconsider her driving habits.

My sister hasn't done anything wrong and she has all the correct documentation but she is now scared to drive anywhere in case the police stop her. She won't ring the police to ask them if the letter is genuine. The whole thing has just really shaken her.

Is this normal practice for police to just send an unsigned letter?

in my opinion someone is playing acruel hoax on your sister.

i was anonymously reported for drink driving and the police don`t politely ask you to stop being a naughty person. They wait for you to get in your car and stop you!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off