Drink driving conviction and travelling

Convicted Driver Insurance

Amy82

I have a conviction however I am looking to holiday in Japan this Christmas to see a friend and bali possibly in June. Will this conviction stop me from doing this? I hold a British passport and with that comes a free 30 day visa however the card on the plane to obtain this visa asks if you have a conviction.

Hopefully this makes sense and I'm not rambling. My conviction is recent and not spent.

You must declare it to Japan when you are applying for your visa. Do be warned, Japan has the highest rate out of any country for turning people away at the customs for a declared criminal conviction even something as light as shop lifting can get you turned away from Japan.

There should be no problem with Bali, again declare your conviction but Indonesia is quite relaxed about drink driving offences and there should be no problem there.

You must declare it to Japan when you are applying for your visa. Do be warned, Japan has the highest rate out of any country for turning people away at the customs for a declared criminal conviction even something as light as shop lifting can get you turned away from Japan.

There should be no problem with Bali, again declare your conviction but Indonesia is quite relaxed about drink driving offences and there should be no problem there.

With a British passport you apply on the plane, you don't actually have to send away for a visa. I've emailed the embassy to get some clarity as id be devastated to get there and be sent home

With a British passport you apply on the plane, you don't actually have to send away for a visa. I've emailed the embassy to get some clarity as id be devastated to get there and be sent home
Hi there, sorry for jumping in on this thread so late.

Just wondering if you ever went to Bali in the end and had any problems with entry?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off