Drink Driving - Anonymous Phone Call - Failing to provide

Convicted Driver Insurance

mick

sitting on my couch at 1am police knocked at door and my 16 year old daughter was asked if i just got home she said yes and the walked in and arrested me saying they received an ananimos call from aneighber saying i was drunk and hit a car,i was arrested and taked into custody enroute they said my car was warm.cant remember any thing till next morning in interview where i made no comments.the problem is at charge desk was told im being charged with failing to provide a spec,but there was no mention of drink drive or car damage.I had not driven my car at the alleged time and on getting home later that day my 19 year old told me she had been in car.what can i do im in court in two weeks and am anervous wreck

Last edited by a moderator:
Failing or refusing, without reasonable excuse, to provide a specimen of breath for analysis is an offence whether you have been driving or not. If the prosecution can show you had been driving then it means a ban, likely to be around 24 months based on the guidelines. If you can show that you had not been driving then the court have a discretion and don't necessarily have to ban you but can give you points instead.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off