Drink driving and third party insurance !

Convicted Driver Insurance

sandyhill

Hi solicitors/helping hands ,
I have recently made an accident and cant recall the event very well.Ended up with police station and got two charges
1) drink driving above the limit.( 101 Mg of 100 )-Breathalyser test.
2) failing to stop.
My concern is that insurance of the third parties.I knew from insurance company that there are two claims are already there. Don't know how many will come to as this was happened in road side parking area.

Help needed,
How can I avoid the claim .If I have to pay it may go above 20K. I am seriously worried.
I could not attached the copy of policy as it says file is too large but I will try again .I would salute for your honest advice.
Regards

Here is copy of insurance policy !!!

Please review your statement of insurance which confirms the responses you gave to questions asked when taking out cover. Complete
information about your insurance cover is shown on your certificate of motor insurance and policy schedule. The policy summary gives
details of the significant or unusual exclusions or limitations, the policy booklet gives all terms and conditions, both of which are made
available to you.
What is this type of insurance?
This insurance policy provides coverage against loss or damage to your car caused by fire or theft, and property damage and injury to
other people arising from an accident.
What is insured?
When the car insured under this motor insurance policy is involved in an accident or incident of fire or theft
we will provide the following cover:
Cover For Your Car
Loss or damage to your car caused by fire or theft
Broken or damaged windscreen or windows, if you have purchased additional windscreen cover
Cover whilst your car is being repaired or serviced
New car cover for incidents of fire and theft
Loss or damage to permanently fitted in-car entertainment, communication and navigation equipment caused by fire or
theft of your car
Theft of car key(s)
Cover For You
NHS Emergency medical treatment
The cost of replacing children’s car seats and booster seats caused by fire or theft
Courtesy car while your car is being repaired
Cover to Other people
Property damage and injury to other people arising from an accident
Property damage and injury to other people arising from an accident when your car is used in any country which is a
member of the European Union
What is not insured?
X The first part of any claim that you have agreed to pay (the Excess).
X Damage arising from wear and tear, electrical and mechanical breakdown, or gradual deterioration.
X Loss or damage to your car not caused by fire or theft.
X Loss or damage to your car which happened outside the cover period shown on your Certificate of Motor Insurance.
X Loss or damage to your car or accessories when your car is left unattended and is not closed and locked.
X No cover is in place for driving any other car other than the one this policy covers, which is shown on your Certificate.
X Any loss, damage or injury caused by a person who is not named as a driver on the Certificate.
X Any loss, damage or injury caused by a person who does not hold a valid driving licence or has been disqualified from
driving.
X Any loss, damage or injury caused by a person who is driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs.
X Loss or damage to your car through deception by someone who claims to be a buyer.
X Loss or damage to your car if it is fitted with any security device or equipment and the device is not on or the equipment
is not in use.
X Loss of or damage to accessories and spare parts by theft if your car is not stolen at the same time.
X Deliberate use of the car to cause damage to other vehicles or property, or injury.
X Any loss, damage or injury caused if your car is being used for something that is not allowed. This will be clearly shown on
your Certificate of Motor Insurance under Exclusions.
X Fraudulent or exaggerated claims.
X Any loss, damage or injury caused if your car is in poor condition and not fit to be on the road (roadworthy).

If a person is found guilty of a drink driving offence, the Court must endorse a fine and disqualify the person for at least 12 months. The level of the fine and length of disqualification will depend upon the level of alcohol in your system- the higher the reading, the higher the sentence. The Court will also consider other factors known as ‘aggravating factors’, such as previous convictions, poor road conditions, evidence of unacceptable standard of driving, involved in an accident, and high levels of pedestrians in the vicinity.

The maximum sentence that a Court can impose for a first time drink driving offence is 26 weeks custody and 36 month driving ban. This happens in very serious cases were the level of alcohol is significantly over the legal limit and there are a number of aggravating factors.

With respect to the impact on your insurance policy, the presence of alcohol can often invalidate the policy. This is something that you would need to discuss with a civil solicitor. My expertise lies with the criminal element of the incident.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off