Drink Driving and invalid licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Christos

Hello,

I have been convicted for drink driving with 72mg, and invalid driving licence ( i have an EU licence).
This is the first time i have been convicted or arrested and I would like some advice on how to handle the court case.
Could you please give me some advice and what to expect? Would I have a criminal record?

Good afternoon,

That is a very big question to answer here, so I will just give you the highlights if that's ok.

In short you are going to be in a Court room with 3 Magistrates and a Prosecutor (as well as others you don't need to worry about.) The Prosecutor will highlight to the Court what you did and you or your lawyer will offer mitigation. Mitigation is where you explain why they shouldn't punish you too harshly. Following that they will give you a ban and either community punishment or a fine (assuming no previous convictions or aggravating circumstances.) It is most definitely a criminal record. They will also give you a separate penalty for no driving licence, usually points.

Kind regards
Martin.

Would it be worth having a lawyer or will it not change much? If yes could you recommend an expert in the subject like yourself?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off