Drink driving and collision

Convicted Driver Insurance

jonei3826

Hello, I was arrested last week for drink driving with a result of 74 mg per 100ml of breath. I collided with a barrier on a motorway where I wrote my car off and damaged a barrier, with no casulties and no other cars involved. I've before got a speeding ticket and been in an accident. I am in the services and am worried what punishment will be dished out by the civilian court, regarding the extremety of the situation. I have court date for the start of next year, I was told to plead guilty and ask for the drunk driving course to reduce the driving ban. What questions will they ask in court and will having a representative change the results of the hearing? Thanks for answering!

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

Without the crash it would have been most likely be a ban of up to 22 months and a fine, however such a serious crash means they will most likely move it up a bracket and be looking at community punishment and a ban of up to 28 months. As to representation, a good lawyer will be your best chance of getting a fine and a shorter ban.

They don't really ask questions, they put the onus on you to say what happened and to say positive things.

Kind regards
Martin

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off