Drink Driving Abroad

Convicted Driver Insurance

stupididiot123

Hello

I am absolutely terrified and need some help

I am 31 year old female, with a wonderful life, career and prospects. I very stupidly drink drove in Italy last week and now need to face the reality of the situation.

I was stopped and breathalysed and found to be 3x over the limit (drove after a wedding). I wasn't arrested, nor really questioned. I filled in some forms and they took my driving license but I was able to go and collect it three days later but I flew home that day instead. Car was impounded but I was also allowed to go and collect this too.

I have found a lawyer and trying to

I have no idea what happens now? I am sure to be convicted, without doubt. I just want to understand the situation and the future ramifications of this.

Is there anywhere or anyone I can go to in the UK to help me with this?

Given that this happened in Italy, you will need an Italian lawyer to assist you. It will not have any implications on your UK driving licence.
Given that you will be convicted of a criminal offence in an EU country, that conviction will be forwarded to the United Kingdom Central Authority for the Exchange of Criminal Records and will be stored on the Police National Computer. This may show up on any criminal records check for 5 years after the date of conviction.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off