DRINK DRIVING -32 Micrograms of Alcohol per 100 millilitres of Breathe

Convicted Driver Insurance

borosangi

On the 28th of July 2019 I was arrested and charged by police for drink driving offence. My readings were taken and it showed 32 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres again on a report they gave me it showed "the concentration of alcohol in your breathe did exceed a concentration of 9 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. It is my first and only arrest. Have no previous criminal records.

Are these readings the same/different? What does this mean? What are the charges? I made mentioned of being stressed on my report after receiving a phone call my cousin was shot dead whilst visiting that night at a friends. Had some fruits salads mixed with wine and 2 glasses of beer before later left to go home. Could this overturn the charge or help in any way.

Are charges mandatory or some judges can let go and give say penalty point and fine charge.

I will appreciate your view on this case?

Many thanks in advance.

Firstly, with drink driving offences, if you are convicted or plead guilty you will be disqualified from driving for a minimum of 12 months. There is then a second element of the sentence which ranges from a fine, to a community order, to a custodial sentence.

In deciding the sentence, there are four sentencing brackets which increase in seriousness. Which bracket you fall in will depend on your reading. It is common at this point, that I will explain which bracket you are in and what sentence you face. However, your readings that you have provided show that you were not over the limit.

The lowest sentencing bracket is for readings of 36-59 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. Therefore, the readings you have provided would suggest that you were not over the limit. If you have mistaken these numbers and would like to discuss representation at your upcoming court hearing, please contact us on 0333 323 3940

Firstly, with drink driving offences, if you are convicted or plead guilty you will be disqualified from driving for a minimum of 12 months. There is then a second element of the sentence which ranges from a fine, to a community order, to a custodial sentence.

In deciding the sentence, there are four sentencing brackets which increase in seriousness. Which bracket you fall in will depend on your reading. It is common at this point, that I will explain which bracket you are in and what sentence you face. However, your readings that you have provided show that you were not over the limit.

The lowest sentencing bracket is for readings of 36-59 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. Therefore, the readings you have provided would suggest that you were not over the limit. If you have mistaken these numbers and would like to discuss representation at your upcoming court hearing, please contact us on 0333 323 3940

Thank you very much for your e mail Sean. Yes I am sure about the readings above. I however read the limit is 22 Micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres which in my understand means 32 micrograms per 100 mml is over the limit?

In rare cases following legal representation from my solicitor is it possible for a judge to overturn a decision say I plead guilty taking into consideration the circumstances involving the drink driving like i mentioned getting a phone call of my cousin being shot after which I had a few drinks and also I live in a rural area and my work obliges me to drive? Can any of this factors make the judge impose me a fine or points rather than a ban?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off