Drink drivers wanted for study sponsored by Department of Transport

Convicted Driver Insurance
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I think due to the way people have been treat via the DVLA They will be very reluctant to speak or come forward and talk about anything regarding themselves there history and there lives .. you might be better doing one about how people have been treat since and understanding that ..

Hi
I think due to the way people have been treat via the DVLA They will be very reluctant to speak or come forward and talk about anything regarding themselves there history and there lives .. you might be better doing one about how people have been treat since and understanding that ..
Hi Jamdpa, we are interested in the before and after, so understanding what people have experienced/felt will be part of the interview.

QMOD

Who's We ? (UNI )What body or government you gather information for, just jumping in here and saying #WE sounds absolutely ridiculous anyone answers well 30 pnd voucher no thx

Would rather chew off my left foot than respond to UNI#
As far as I was always led to believe this is a place to come and not be judged or info gathered, take your survey and poke it where the sun don't shine UNIVERSITY
Your name even grips me

Last edited:
QMOD

Who's We ? (UNI )What body or government you gather information for, just jumping in here and saying #WE sounds absolutely ridiculous anyone answers well 30 pnd voucher no thx

Would rather chew off my left foot than respond to UNI#
As far as I was always led to believe this is a place to come and not be judged or info gathered, take your survey and poke it where the sun don't shine UNIVERSITY
Your name even grips me
Apologies, Craig. When I say 'we' I meant the research team for the study at the University of Stirling. My name is Andrea Mohan and I am the lead researcher on the study. It is an independent research study that has been given the necessary approvals by University of Stirling. We have just advertised on this forum to try to recruit participants, but have advertised the study widely on Twitter and Facebook through other organisations. I mean to cause no offence here. This is completely voluntary, and I just come on to answer questions specific to the study. Thanks, Andrea.

Answers still the same!
This forum was created for helping others explain/understand there reasons without judgement!
We don't need any UNI staring in and analysing whatever we did wrong ?infact we know what we did wrong and our own personal reasons! Hence why we help each other and don't need UNI TYPES!
My opinion high tale out of here others might be more willing but definitely not in my boat I hate UNi types and there analysis.
30 pnd voucher your taking the piss wouldn't even give you my name for 3000.
We have a regular helping poster been done 5X but offers so much advice and help within the FORUM
How does that answer stack up on your analysis?

Last edited:
You're seeing this from the wrong perspective @craig121.

I'm assuming the purpose of this study is to gain insight into the motivations as to why people drink drive. It won't be conclusive but it will atleast give an insight. Think of it as understanding why people smoke despite the health implications...

Which could eventually lead to discussions as to how to prevent it.

Although again, as with many studies this will just be a small piece of the puzzle.

I can understand the reluctance of many to be included in such surveys though...

My opinion bud and it won't change , this forum is a safe place without some any external intervention .
If government was that keen to stop DD bring back the horrible adverts during coronation Street !stiffer penalties make guidelines same in England not just Scotland! it's not rocket science now UNI types and there analysis and digging grips my S##t but only my humble opinion

Last edited:
My opinion bud and it won't change , this forum is a safe place without some any external intervention .
If government was that keen to stop DD bring back the horrible adverts during coronation Street !stiffer penalties it's not rocket science now UNI types and there analysis and digging grips my S##t but only my humble opinion

Fully get ya mate, but to re-iterate; they can only gain a proper insight of motivations to drink drive from those who have been through it. Just the same way you (assuming male) and I could only gain an understanding of how women feel after giving birth by asking them.

Once they've collected a reasonable enough sample that is representative of the population, from there reccomendations could be put forward to say government bodies...

Well fill yer boots SS they can't change jack S##t as far as am concerned,
If the Government cared the adverts would return ! Enlighten us what 1 unit of alcohol represents! How that 1 unit affects your system and how quickly it can leave your system
Secondly stiffer penalties DD is a killer I got away Scott free ! Stiffen sentence's you don't need a degree to figure this out!! just Government & DVLA don't enlighten anybody but love setting traps!! So you can loose your licence and fight to return!!

Hence all the confusion over CDT ! No university will change that!
Like I said no rant to you SS# this is a private forum cheerio UNI's

Last edited:
@craig121 again I fully get you, I completely feel the government have let us down (although we only have ourselves to blame ultimately).

I've said it plenty times before; we in the UK drink alcohol culturally, so I don't understand why the government would not include programs such as understanding calculation of BAC or the Drink Drive awareness course as part of the requirements to obtaining a Driver's license. Given that it's one of (if not only) driving criminal offence; that can land you a lifetime criminal record (notwithstanding ROA). Seems nonsensical to me...

Last edited:
I can understand peoples' reluctance to be involved in the study, but there's no need to participate if people feel that way. Some may wish to do so.

Presumably approval was sought before posting details of the survey, so it's a legitimate request.

Yes HobgoblinTotally Legit it was granted through the forum Mod, am entitled to my opinion an SS gave a good reply, and others will do what they please,
However I hate UNI types poking there nose like I said as far as I was always aware this is private forum nobody judges takes notes or condems

If the Government cared the adverts would return ! Enlighten us what 1 unit of alcohol represents! How that 1 unit affects your system and how quickly it can leave your system
Secondly stiffer penalties DD is a killer I got away Scott free ! Stiffen sentence's you don't need a degree to figure this out!! just Government & DVLA don't enlighten anybody but love setting traps!! So you can loose your licence and fight to return!!

There isn't a love button only a like .. had there been you would be seeing a heart instead of a thumbs up .. but very well said

I am happy to share that I participated in this survey this morning.

I approached the University after seeing this request for participating. I was sent forms to sign which detailed their privacy statement and how the information would be used.

Today, I had the call. I can categorically testify that there is no judgement, no personal opinion expressed, they did not pry to deeply. I told my story and was asked a few questions based on my experience. I felt they were very respectful.

However, I will say that my DD happened March 2011 and is not quite as raw today as it was when it happened.

I participated in the study too and felt the same, they didn't pry into my personal life nor did they ask me any personal questions. I have friends who have had to do surveys as part of their dissertation in university and there is no way around it, if a survey is part of your degree or master's you have to do it. I was glad to help.

No one is forcing you to respond. I see others who have taken part and have clearly stated that it is not intrusive. Anything that helps in the understanding of why people drink and drive in the first place is going to help educate others understand the risks, potential horrendous outcomes for innocent motorists and pedestrians and the penalties for those found guilty. The breathalyser was introduced over half a century ago. Countless anti drink drive campaigns ever since have failed to really get the message over so I am with you on that. This forum is great for those who have been caught and seek advice, long may it continue but prevention is better than cure. Fewer charged drink drivers would certainly allow me to do other things with my time.

We are still recruiting participants for this study, in which we are trying to understand the circumstances that lead to driving after drinking alcohol. We need participants from England and Wales. Please remember that it is entirely voluntary to take part, and you do not need to answer any particular questions if you wish. The contact details are provided in the flyer to this post. You can get in touch via email or mobile. Cheers, Andrea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off