drink drive medical and time scales

Convicted Driver Insurance

steveg

Hi guys, well i had my medical on the 31st of october, as of yet 14/11, dvla say they still havent received the results back from doctor, however this can take up to 2 weeks to actually open mail and upload on there system due to backlog in work load?

all secetarys at the doctors are telling me they were sent off on the 5th of november but they cant tell me the results as its between the doctor and dvla? is this correct?

also the medical was very brief, asked few questions, took my height and weight, listened to my breathing, felt my liver area, took my bloods, and that was it - NO EYE TEST OR URINE TEST ??? is this normal? anyone else had this? as most threads i reas re medicals, the docs take urine and do eye test?

my ban ends 25th this month, dvla have however sent me a letter covering me to drive - i have already arranged insurance to start on the 25th, but they want within 14 days after this date a copy of my licence, i wont of course be able to provide this due if dvla dont get there acts together sharpish, however im not holding my breath at all - as i know too well what there like - insurance company has however said they will give me more time, but obviously there will be a limit, and im seriously expecting a long delay merely due to my experiences with dvla in the past.

my bloods however should be fine as i rarely drink, and i also had a blood tests taken at a private clinic in advance of medical and all tests, ggt mcv ast and alt were well within dvlas required limits.

However still cant stop worrying and thinking about it, so many things go thorugh ones head , ive been off the road for 3 years now, i guess im just hoping the process will all go smoothly -

i would be really grateful if someone could clarify my points in this post, ie , eye test and urine, i didnt get one - doctors secetarys being not able to tell me results, also this 2 week delay thing with dvla,

good luck and all the best to everyone, i will of course update this as and when i know more but in the mean time advice would be great thanks
biggrin.png

Hi guys, well i had my medical on the 31st of october, as of yet 14/11, dvla say they still havent received the results back from doctor, however this can take up to 2 weeks to actually open mail and upload on there system due to backlog in work load?

all secetarys at the doctors are telling me they were sent off on the 5th of november but they cant tell me the results as its between the doctor and dvla? is this correct?

also the medical was very brief, asked few questions, took my height and weight, listened to my breathing, felt my liver area, took my bloods, and that was it - NO EYE TEST OR URINE TEST ??? is this normal? anyone else had this? as most threads i reas re medicals, the docs take urine and do eye test?

my ban ends 25th this month, dvla have however sent me a letter covering me to drive - i have already arranged insurance to start on the 25th, but they want within 14 days after this date a copy of my licence, i wont of course be able to provide this due if dvla dont get there acts together sharpish, however im not holding my breath at all - as i know too well what there like - insurance company has however said they will give me more time, but obviously there will be a limit, and im seriously expecting a long delay merely due to my experiences with dvla in the past.

my bloods however should be fine as i rarely drink, and i also had a blood tests taken at a private clinic in advance of medical and all tests, ggt mcv ast and alt were well within dvlas required limits.

However still cant stop worrying and thinking about it, so many things go thorugh ones head , ive been off the road for 3 years now, i guess im just hoping the process will all go smoothly -

i would be really grateful if someone could clarify my points in this post, ie , eye test and urine, i didnt get one - doctors secetarys being not able to tell me results, also this 2 week delay thing with dvla,

good luck and all the best to everyone, i will of course update this as and when i know more but in the mean time advice would be great thanks
biggrin.png

Hiya, I didn't have an eye test or urine test either....I think that is quite normal it seems...the doc I saw said DVLA tend to ask for a urine test if worried about drug use.. he did look in my eyes whilst I stared at a picture on the wall and that was it... I really understand the worrying, let us know how you get on, and so will I! I don't feel ecstatic driving although glad not to be on buses anymore and I don't think I will until my licence is in my hands...
Moodle

Hiya, I didn't have an eye test or urine test either....I think that is quite normal it seems...the doc I saw said DVLA tend to ask for a urine test if worried about drug use.. he did look in my eyes whilst I stared at a picture on the wall and that was it... I really understand the worrying, let us know how you get on, and so will I! I don't feel ecstatic driving although glad not to be on buses anymore and I don't think I will until my licence is in my hands...
Moodle

Just got mine back today, judging by the date its taken 3 days to get here from them, all told 18 days since medical...
Hope that helps...
Moodle

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off