Drink drive courses & speed awareness courses cancelled due to Coronavirus

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yeah mate, I had to change mine to first week in July!! My runs out on the last day I do the course so have no alternative.

hopefully they go ahead done 10 months of a 18 month. And being a contractor I have slept in train stations to do work!!

Yeah, hopefully if it can't be completed in the classroom we have an opportunity to complete it online. I'm 5 months into a 12 month ban. I'm lucky enough to have people that can help me with getting to work and things but Evan the little things like nipping to the shop for lunch for the week or to the post office means taking my partner and 2 kids. It just shows how 1 silly mistake can change your life completely. I never want to be in this situation again

Yeah, hopefully if it can't be completed in the classroom we have an opportunity to complete it online. I'm 5 months into a 12 month ban. I'm lucky enough to have people that can help me with getting to work and things but Evan the little things like nipping to the shop for lunch for the week or to the post office means taking my partner and 2 kids. It just shows how 1 silly mistake can change your life completely. I never want to be in this situation again

agree mate!!Lesson learnt

Morning

TCC will have to move on this at sometime.

The PMs announcement last night seems to indicate that the present stage of the lockdown exit strategy is likely to be in place for a considerable amount of time. The government have put in place a scale of 1-5 (5 being most severe) of the lockdown measures. The UK is presently just between 3 & 4 and it will take weeks if not months to get us down below 3 into 2.

Most businesses do need to get going again for the sake of the economy. Having done this course myself, I still believe they could hold the course safely & enforce social distancing. Some of the group activities I did may have to be reviewed by the TCC people. I sat at a table of four people and if the tables were big enough & spread apart the TCC could still enforce a safe environment of two metres between the course students.

As Price (one of the forum members on here) has stated, one of the requirements of the course is to prove who you are (producing ID such as a passport) and a requirement to do the 18 hours which is a legal requirement by the courts. This then presents difficulties in doing the course online as part of an electronic learning package & Skype is not ideal either. I've taken part in multiple Skype sessions as part of my current job - at a push they can be done with a small group of people, but as Price has said 'how do you validate a student's ID if you are Skyping them?' Ultimately, courts have the final say & I just don't think they would agree to it because of the fact a small number of banned drivers may try to 'scam' the procedure in some way.

Hopefully, we should start seeing the wheels of motion move on many things in coming weeks. Boris Johnson has specifically said he wants people to avoid public transport where possible. If they hang back on the drink driving courses it will feel like it is going against the grain of what the PM has said because banned drivers WILL be forced to use public transport if they cannot get their licences back.

Good luck to everyone on here who is waiting for a course.

CJ

There was a waiver for course providers to finish day 2 and 3 of courses online for ones already started and of course the trainer has already seen these people in person and seen their ID. It may be that DVSA sanction new courses running online, but if this is only a temporary situation I cannot see them devoting too much time to consider this.
There are problems to resuming courses in person for a while. Where will they be held? Hotels are shut, as are community centres and church halls that we use. Some of the venues are quite small so with 2 metres social distancing you might only get 4-5 people in the room, with the trainer as well.
When choosing a venue to run a course, we look at public transport availability, but much of this is not running, or on a very limited service. There is no point in offering a course that entitles a person to a reduction if they are a HRO but cannot get a medical because the doctors are not doing them, or issuing a certificate entitling them to a reduction if the court are on very limited manpower and may not process it, nor DVLA add it to a driver record for the same reason.
i suspect that when courses are allowed again, providers will have to prioritise offenders coming towards the end of the time allowed to give them a chance at benefitting from the reduction, rather than newly disqualified people who can wait for a while.
So the course providers are just one cog where the whole gearbox needs to be functional for the reduction in bans to be able to happen.

It does seem a shame that these courses will be put on hold if that's the case.

It seems likely social distancing will be in place for quite a while yet but there is now some debate as to whether a one metre rule would be sufficient instead of the two metre rule.

My course took place in a large church hall which was more than ideal for a safe learning environment but like you said many venues have locked their doors under the current climate which has left TCC up the creek without a paddle as they say.

I would assume Covid19 is going to cause more disruption for most of the summer months. All I will say to anyone who reads this is - don't give up! This way of life is not forever & in the near future life will get back to normal & at least we will appreciate things more by then.

CJ

Hi all , wondering if there's been any movement in a date that courses will start back up ? Will they start in England before Scotland ? Or is there's anything available to get my course done as close to North of Scotland as possible ?

Thanks

Hi all , wondering if there's been any movement in a date that courses will start back up ? Will they start in England before Scotland ? Or is there's anything available to get my course done as close to North of Scotland as possible ?

Thanks

the courses are still running. I started mine two weeks ago, it’s just TTC and some others who have cancelled LTP are still running course taking new people( not online)

Thanks
Courses are still running, two providers are doing them like LTP I started mine during lockdown

Evening all, my ddr has been cancelled 3 times now and I’m running out of time. Does anyone know if I can change course provider and if so how? I’ve been told so many times that nobody was doing the course, so frustrating! Thanks

Evening all, my ddr has been cancelled 3 times now and I’m running out of time. Does anyone know if I can change course provider and if so how? I’ve been told so many times that nobody was doing the course, so frustrating! Thanks

Try LTP they are running courses, they have measures in place for social distancing i am started mine two weeks ago and complete tomorrow https://www.lincstp.co.uk/drink-drive-rehabilitation-course/how-do-i-book-a-place-on-the-course/

Great thanks. Do you know if I can change from my course provider that was issued by the court?
You can change, you need to get your current provider, mine was TTC to transfer the documents/ case numbers to LTP. It goes tho an electronic system via the court within a couple of hours end then once LTP have your case information you can book on a course. They need your case information before you can book

Hi PDh0405, do you know who the other provider is that you know is running the course as well please?
Not sure I think maybe aspire, you will have to do some research, shouldn’t be that hard just call all the DDR provider they may be more then 2 now GL

Hi all it’s a bit like walking through mud, my daughter missed the last 3-4hrs of her course 2 days after lock down, the company called and gave her log in information to finish it on the Saturday morning and it was cancelled so now she has got to do the full ban up to October, I’m surprised nothing has been sorted out, the company said nothing until mid July so I’m sapposed to be shielding but there’s no one else to take her to work.

I don't know about other providers but IAM RoadSmart is now providing an online course available to anyone in England or Wales. You don't have to have started the course in a classroom as the whole course is done online using Zoom and has been authorised by DVLA.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off