Drink drive courses & speed awareness courses cancelled due to Coronavirus

Convicted Driver Insurance

price1367

TTC Group
You may have seen a thread on the “ask a solicitor” part from someone who has had their drink drive course cancelled by TTC and the solicitor advised that perhaps he could try another provider.
Please be advised that ALL drink drive courses run by ALL providers are now suspended. This is on the instruction of the body responsible for administering the courses, not the individual providers who have been given no choice in the matter. The ban on courses extends to speed awareness courses as well.
I am afraid that I can give no further information, or indicate how long this ban on courses will be for.......
I work from home, not the TTC offices and I have no access to the computer systems but I am assured that all persons affected by this WILL be contacted by the office shortly.
i am concerned because there is a time limit on the completion of these courses and not attending a course can have a big impact on people’s lives with getting their licence back early but I hope you can appreciate that these drastic measures are being taken as a part of the need to keep people apart.
stay safe,
John P

Thanks for this update John and obviously completely understandable. Please do let us know if you hear anything further.
Hope you and yours are and stay well.

I am only glad i saw my doctors 3 weeks ago to document my last drink as we are in for the long haul here,At least its noted when the DVLA get back up to speed, For those in the same position could add another 6-12 months on abstaining from alcohol

Thanks for this update John and obviously completely understandable. Please do let us know if you hear anything further.
Hope you and yours are and stay well.
Thanks. I am in the fortunate position of being pretty much retired and living just outside a small village, just into Scotland. We are pretty isolated and have places we can walk from home where we see no one. Our “forever home” is also set in about an acre of ground so we are blessed compared to people in high rise flats who are too frightened to press button in the lift!
So this week I will be planting up the vegetable plot, hoping that we will be able to avoid so many trips to the shops for fresh produce. I am inclined to plant stuff that will grow quickly rather than autumn harvest stuff.....

That’s a real blow to anyone in the process of either taking a DDRS course or getting their license returned, and obviously through no fault of TTC or any other course provider - I hope everyone stays safe and remembers to look after themselves during this quite frankly scary time. I’m also concerned as to the time limit for people to complete their course, however, I do hope that allowances can be made as the situation is extraordinary in every sense of the word.

Judging by the scenes that I saw in Snowdonia at the weekend it seems like if people had abided by the initial regulations put out for their benefit, we wouldn’t be in the mess that we’re in now.

I think the danger here is that courts give a cut off date to do the DD course. I was banned until the 27th June 2021, but I got my course done ASAP to get it under my belt. I think my cut off date was around mid October this year (2020) to get it completed. Therefore as I've benefited from reducing my ban by 6.5 months I should get my licence back just before Christmas.

However, if someone only has their course scheduled just before the cut off date they may potentially lose their chance of getting their reduction and will have to complete the full period of their ban. TTC should at least re-emburse the course costs if that is the case because the DD has lost their opportunity to complete it through no fault of their own.

One thing I will stress to anyone reading this who has recently lost their licence - GET THE COURSE DONE ASAP - do not leave it to near your cut off date because as we see here it is just fraut with dire consequences for people eager to get their licences back.

CJ

Just off the web chat with ttc and can totally understand the course has been cancelled due to COVID19 what I understand there might be an online course that people can do it’s awaiting approval! My course was due tomorrow which I booked last year for my license to be granted back this October, can understand there are many people in the same boat as myself I just hope there’s a bit of Lea way on this as it’s nobody’s fault this has happened fingers crossed anyway!!
Stay safe there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel ??

Alanmc82, All the course providers have to do their courses according to the rules set down by the DVSA.
They include the hours to be done, even the number of days between each section and minimum and maximum number of people allowed on a course.
Each provider can run their own course, there is not a national one, but they have to cover 5 key education areas and get their course approved before it can be run.
DVSA are not a speedy operation at the best of times, so with the current situation I am not sure how long this process of approval will take. One obvious problem comes to mind is being able to identify that the person in front of the computer IS the offender, both to start the course and then throughout the minimum 16 hours that the law requires an offender to complete to get the reduction.

Just off the web chat with ttc and can totally understand the course has been cancelled due to COVID19 what I understand there might be an online course that people can do it’s awaiting approval! My course was due tomorrow which I booked last year for my license to be granted back this October, can understand there are many people in the same boat as myself I just hope there’s a bit of Lea way on this as it’s nobody’s fault this has happened fingers crossed anyway!!
Stay safe there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel ??

When reading there website , it's says this will only be available for people who have done either the first days or the first 2 days , having spoken to them did they say this will be available to people who have been booked in since before the courses were cancelled but haven't yet completed any days ?

Thanks

When reading there website , it's says this will only be available for people who have done either the first days or the first 2 days , having spoken to them did they say this will be available to people who have been booked in since before the courses were cancelled but haven't yet completed any days ?

Thanks

I’m going to phone tomorrow she did say phone back end of last week for an update, but what I got from the convo that it could be possibly having to do the full ban my course was booked on December 2019 for to Be done last week!
I’ll post on here what has been said tomorrow

I’m going to phone tomorrow she did say phone back end of last week for an update, but what I got from the convo that it could be possibly having to do the full ban my course was booked on December 2019 for to Be done last week!
I’ll post on here what has been said tomorrow

Okay that would be great. when mines was cancelled they rebooked it for first 3 weeks in July , however as I can't see that going ahead either and my court cut off point being middle of August im not sure where that will leave me?. Thanks for the reply

Okay that would be great. when mines was cancelled they rebooked it for first 3 weeks in July , however as I can't see that going ahead either and my court cut off point being middle of August im not sure where that will leave me?. Thanks for the reply

what I’ve just seen on there site it’s online stuff until this COVID is done or safe etc it’s a tricky 1 tbh ?‍♂️ but yea will keep you posted tomorrow ?

This is the new position for TTC drink drive courses. You will see that this ONLY applies to people who had already started the course when the lockdown started, it does NOT apply to anyone who has not started a course:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Court referred driver courses are being transferred from a physical classroom-based environment to an online, digital classroom course accessed via a secure video link.

Due to COVID-19 crisis the DVSA advised DDR course providers not to start any new classroom-based rehabilitation courses until further notice. This follows discussions with Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service, the Welsh Government and Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service taking into account the UK Government’s instructions on social distancing and restrictions on travel.

4th May DVSA has authorised the completion of DDR course for offenders who have already started a course to complete this online.

Who is eligible to complete the course online?
Where offenders have already taken the first, or first and second day of a 3-day DDR course, offenders can complete the course remotely in an online digital classroom. Unfortunately offender who have passed the critical date set by the courts, they will not be able to complete the remainder of your course online.

Priority order of drivers for digital classroom option
We are working pro-actively to manage existing delegates in priority order, so please do not call us. Please wait for us to contact you.

Booked delegates will be contacted by email, text or phone and information provided on the system requirements to attend the online digital classroom course, joining instructions containing a link to an 'explainer video' confirming what to do next, and will require a designated ‘quiet’ area to participate.

It'll be very interesting to see how TCC implement their future courses - the government announcement on Monday (11th May) seems to suggest social distancing will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

If that's the case would TCC have to run smaller courses with everyone spread out on individual tables? Would certain parts of the course have to be ditched - such as group exercises?

Interesting one.

CJ

What is likely to happen after BJ said people should start to go back to work will the DDR course likely start again?

This is the new position for TTC drink drive courses. You will see that this ONLY applies to people who had already started the course when the lockdown started, it does NOT apply to anyone who has not started a course:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Court referred driver courses are being transferred from a physical classroom-based environment to an online, digital classroom course accessed via a secure video link.

Due to COVID-19 crisis the DVSA advised DDR course providers not to start any new classroom-based rehabilitation courses until further notice. This follows discussions with Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service, the Welsh Government and Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service taking into account the UK Government’s instructions on social distancing and restrictions on travel.

4th May DVSA has authorised the completion of DDR course for offenders who have already started a course to complete this online.

Who is eligible to complete the course online?
Where offenders have already taken the first, or first and second day of a 3-day DDR course, offenders can complete the course remotely in an online digital classroom. Unfortunately offender who have passed the critical date set by the courts, they will not be able to complete the remainder of your course online.

Priority order of drivers for digital classroom option
We are working pro-actively to manage existing delegates in priority order, so please do not call us. Please wait for us to contact you.

Booked delegates will be contacted by email, text or phone and information provided on the system requirements to attend the online digital classroom course, joining instructions containing a link to an 'explainer video' confirming what to do next, and will require a designated ‘quiet’ area to participate.

What is likely to happen after BJ said people should start to go back to work will the DDR course likely start again?

When I spoke with TTC on the phone on Thursday , I was told all courses have been cancelled untill June 13th, I stay in Scotland my course is booked for the first 3 weeks in July. They said at the moment my course is still due to go ahead , however if this has to be cancelled I'll be contacted by ttc with any options I have. My course cut off date is middle of August. I was due to do it in April but it was cancelled and they rebooked it.

When I spoke with TTC on the phone on Thursday , I was told all courses have been cancelled untill June 13th, I stay in Scotland my course is booked for the first 3 weeks in July. They said at the moment my course is still due to go ahead , however if this has to be cancelled I'll be contacted by ttc with any options I have. My course cut off date is middle of August. I was due to do it in April but it was cancelled and they rebooked it.

Yeah mate, I had to change mine to first week in July!! My runs out on the last day I do the course so have no alternative.

hopefully they go ahead done 10 months of a 18 month. And being a contractor I have slept in train stations to do work!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off