Drink drive charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

davies_c14

I have been charged with drink driving after blowing 51 roadside and 111 on a blood test. I was driving at 30 mph (which was confirmed by officers) when a cat ran out in front of me causing me to brake hard in the pouring rain and hit a parked car! Thankfully,no one was injured but as I’d stupidly had a couple of small glasses of wine and the above was the result. When I went to the police station voluntarily,I was told that the case had been sent to the CPS but I haven’t had a charge sheet or any other paperwork. Is this right? What kind of sentence will I be looking at (First offence) and a single parent.

Thanks.

Good evening.

I am confused as you say you have been charged but dont have a charge sheet? It is the norm that when you give a reading at the police station and are then charged they would give you a charge sheet there and then. If not, you are bailed to return or will receive a summons through the post, but this is not charged.

As to the outcome it depends as to whether or not you defend the case. You obviously have a defence as you had not consumed the alcohol before you drove. If you plead guilty the sentence will depend on whether the Court believes what you say and how serious the accident was. If they feel that you left the scene of a serious accident they will increase the sentence but factors such as you handing yourself in will clearly help.

I think the best thing to do is to see if you have been charged and once you know you have a Court date you can speak to one of our team who can give you more information and try.and ascertain what the sentence will be.

I hope this helps
Regards
Martin.

Good evening.

I am confused as you say you have been charged but dont have a charge sheet? It is the norm that when you give a reading at the police station and are then charged they would give you a charge sheet there and then. If not, you are bailed to return or will receive a summons through the post, but this is not charged.

As to the outcome it depends as to whether or not you defend the case. You obviously have a defence as you had not consumed the alcohol before you drove. If you plead guilty the sentence will depend on whether the Court believes what you say and how serious the accident was. If they feel that you left the scene of a serious accident they will increase the sentence but factors such as you handing yourself in will clearly help.

I think the best thing to do is to see if you have been charged and once you know you have a Court date you can speak to one of our team who can give you more information and try.and ascertain what the sentence will be.

I hope this helps
Regards
Martin.
Thanks. I will get in touch when I receive a charge from the CPS.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off