Drink & dangerous driving!

Convicted Driver Insurance

David123

Hey guys; I’ve been on this forum for a while& Not posted anything so here goes my story:

I’m a 22 year old university student and had a night of drinking with my friends in London. Stopped drinking around 2 am and got behind the wheel of my car and drove all the way to Derbyshire on the m1 in wet and rainy conditions and crashed the car. I was breathalysed on the roadside and blew 65 and was taken to hospital and was taken blood 4 hours later. The blood results took 4 weeks to come and came out as 98mg in blood/100ml.
The police recovered my own dash camera from the vehicle and found out that I was doing 114mph when I crashed the car. I was questioned about this in the interview which I denied.
I have finally recievd my court letter and I’m getting two charges. First one being; drink driving over the limit and the second one being: DANGEROUS DRIVING. Im absolutely broken about this as I was not racing or doing dangerous manoeuvres, just put my feet down due to empty roads and to get home.
I have done a lot of research and it looks like I may well be charged with a prison sentence, I would appreciate it if people can suggest what would happen to me at court please? This is my first timeoffence witha clean licence; not even a speeding ticket in my life, had my licence for 4 years. Furthermore; I had a passenger in the car who is my best friend, he was taken to hospital due to the nature of the crash however there was no injuries. There was no other cars involved aswel. Just myself and my passenger and my car.
thankyou

Last edited:
Hey guys; I’ve been on this forum for a while& Not posted anything so here goes my story:

I’m a 22 year old university student and had a night of drinking with my friends in London. Stopped drinking around 2 am and got behind the wheel of my car and drove all the way to Derbyshire on the m1 in wet and rainy conditions and crashed the car. I was breathalysed on the roadside and blew 65 and was taken to hospital and was taken blood 4 hours later. The blood results took 4 weeks to come and came out as 98mg in blood/100ml.
The police recovered my own dash camera from the vehicle and found out that I was doing 114mph when I crashed the car. I was questioned about this in the interview which I denied.
I have finally recievd my court letter and I’m getting two charges. First one being; drink driving over the limit and the second one being: DANGEROUS DRIVING. Im absolutely broken about this as I was not racing or doing dangerous manoeuvres, just put my feet down due to empty roads and to get home.
I have done a lot of research and it looks like I may well be charged with a prison sentence, I would appreciate it if people can suggest what would happen to me at court please? This is my first timeoffence witha clean licence; not even a speeding ticket in my life, had my licence for 4 years. Furthermore; I had a passenger in the car who is my best friend, he was taken to hospital due to the nature of the crash however there was no injuries. There was no other cars involved aswel. Just myself and my passenger and my car.
thankyou
Hi buddy,if I was you,I would speak to a solicitor.your going to be charged with drink driving,but a good solicitor may be able to get the dangerous driving charge dropped but I would,not hold my breath given the speed you were driving at the time of the accident.have you informed your insurance company.

I have spoke to the solicitor and he’s waiting for the disclosures to be sent to him, apparently it’s going to take a while due to corona. Literally have been punished enough by everything that happened after the incident now the dangerous driving is going to ruin my life. Can’t even imagine what life would be like in prison or even on tag. Literally feel like my education and everything is gonna be taken away.
I spoke to my insurers and they paid out for The car So atleast that’s sorted. Thanks mate

Bro how’s this case going for you? I literally in the same position as you... but I also failed to stop for police and then crashed the car... scored 63 on breathalyser and they took blood test...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off