Drink and Driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sanderson Rocha

Evening of 24/03/2019 time 20:00

I went to Kebab shop near my house 0.5 miles, when I parked my car, a woman came in my direction with a totally strange behaviour, shouting and opening the arms, I decided to go back to my house, when I got there I stopped the car, the same woman chased me and began to scream and raise her arms again, minutes later the police appeared, did the breath test and it was verified that I was with 67 micro grammes of alcohol.

she said that I was driving very close to her car, I was behind her car at a maximum speed of 30 km/h

If the breath reading is one that was obtained at the police station on an evidential breathalyser machine, then a reading of 67µg will fall within the second sentencing bracket for the offence of driving with excess alcohol.

In this sentencing bracket you can expect a driving disqualification ranging between 17 to 22 months and either a Band C fine OR a low level community order. The fine would be from 125%-175% of your relevant weekly income, or the court may impose a low level community order. If you plead guilty at the first available opportunity, you will receive a reduction of up to one third in this stage of the sentencing.

If this is a first offence, you may also be eligible for a drink driving rehabilitation course, which can reduce your disqualification by 25%.

The most relevant factor that will be considered by the Court when deciding what penalty to impose, the most important factor is that you were over the legal limit.

Should you require more detailed advice, you can contact one of our team on 0333 200 9857.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off