Drink alcohol free beer

Convicted Driver Insurance
Each to their own , if you like non or low alcoholic beer and it helps you give up drinking you crack on......
I drink shandyade as I bought it for a party once..... that certainly does not have alcohol in it just a hell of a lot of sugar!!!

I've noticed that supermarkets often put alcohol free beverages and low alcohol beverages next to each other. I have asked our local Sainsbury's to reconsider how they display their alcohol free beverages, ensuring that they are clearly labelled, preferably kept away from the low alcohol content beverages. A lot of the staff are not aware of how detrimental it can be for someone to pick up a low alcohol content beverage thinking it's in fact alcohol free (especially if it states it is 'non-alcoholic').

There's alcohol in things we aren't aware contains alcohol. As far as the DVLA are concerned (yes, I've asked them, about 3 - 4 years ago, when I first applied for my licence back), non alcoholic/alcohol free beverages are fine when it comes down to anyone with misuse/dependency on record. Low alcohol beverages are not fine.

Here is a perfect example of where buying a 'non alcoholic' beer could leave you in a sticky situation during a DVLA medical: Beavertown Lazer Crust - Non-Alcoholic IPA is available at our local Sainsbury's and claims to be non-alcoholic, when in fact it is 0.3% ABV. As far as the DVLA are concerned, it is a low-alcoholic beverage and would cause someone that had been previously alcohol dependant to have their driving licence application rejected.

I can confirm that Perlenbacher 0.0 is indeed 100% alcohol free, and you aren't breaking any rules by drinking it (if you've ever been alcohol dependant). If the beverage you're drinking contains less than 0.05% ABV, it's classed as alcohol free.

My advice, regarding whether you should tell your doctor/GP, the DVLA or the DVLA approved doctor (at your medical examination) that you drink non-alcoholic beverages, is to not do so. I only say that because they could easily assume that you are drinking low alcoholic beverages. It's just a possible headache that I'd suggest you avoid.
If you only drink alcohol free or very low alcohol beer, why not just say you don't drink? Because effectively you don't.

If you only drink alcohol free or very low alcohol beer, why not just say you don't drink? Because effectively you don't.
I agree, that's why I said not to tell the DVLA or your GP. I certainly wouldn't tell them. Then again I wouldn't drink non-alcoholic beer either, as it reminds me too much of alcohol - I'd rather not tempt fate with that one, given my previous struggle with alcoholism.

I agree, I’m confused why anyone would even mention it at a medical.

As pointed out previously there’s so many things with some level of alcohol in it. If you had some toast, orange juice and a banana and then went to your medical, you wouldn’t say that for breakfast you had a low-alcoholic drink, with a low-alcoholic bread and a low-alcoholic snack...

I have my full 10 year licence back yet still enjoy drinking non-alcoholic beer. Tastes really nice and its quite relaxing after a long day at work.

Morning

I am going to have my two pen’ith here and say most if not all non-alcohol beer brands do contain small traces of alcohol. Even brands claiming their content is 0.0% will still have a 0.003% trace of alcohol, but for marketing purposes, the drinks company are not going to add that exact figure to the front of a beer bottle.

Someone on here, mentioned disclosing the consumption of non-alcohol beer at a DVLA medical. If you are classed as an alcohol misuser or alcohol dependant, you will be refused your licence!!!!

The DVLA medical team have a robust approach to HRO’s and the whole purpose of the annual medical procedure is to ensure any historic problems with alcohol have been ironed out.

Unfortunately, an alcohol who says he/she still drinks non-alcohol beer is like a smoker who gives up cigarettes, but moves on to low strength nicotine vapes. You are still smoking to some degree!

This is my own view - someone with a serious history of alcohol abuse, who then tries to drink non-alcohol beverages is someone who has not fully moved on from their demons. You have not stepped away from the cliff edge - you are loitering around it!

My own personal opinion of non alcohol beer is that they serve a purpose for those who maybe can’t drink standard alcohol contend due to illness or medical conditions or people who genuine don’t like alcohol but enjoy a shandy like taste.

CJ
Exactly

Okay if you say so. When you have your medical say you only drink non alcohol beer and come back here to tell us all what happened. Why would I say it. It contains alcohol you baffoon
Passed 3 medicals and got a full licence so not bothered pal. Do you seriously think drinking zero alcohol beer will have any affect on a persons CDT count you are barking mad. Why would anyone admit on a dvla medical form to drinking alcohol free beer.

Okay if you say so. When you have your medical say you only drink non alcohol beer and come back here to tell us all what happened. Why would I say it. It contains alcohol you baffoon
Buffoon, buffoon.

If it says non alcohol (or even 0.5%) it will be impossible to get drunk.

Just no need to mention it.

Alcohol-free beer is generally safe to drink since it doesn't contain alcohol. It's a good alternative if you're looking for a beverage without the effects of alcohol. However, it's always wise to consult your healthcare provider for personalized advice.
If you're interested in exploring more alcohol-free options, you might enjoy trying mocktails. They offer a wide range of flavors and are perfect for enjoying without the worry of alcohol content. For more ideas and recipes, you can check out the blog at https://goodmocktail.com/blog . They provide plenty of inspiration for delicious and refreshing alcohol-free beverages.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off