Dress code for magistrates court

Convicted Driver Insurance

Davyatsea

Sorry for asking an obvious question. I'm accompanying my wife who's up in court this week. Clearly she will be smartly dressed as the defendant. I will only be attending so I can take my wife home afterwards and will probably be confined to the public gallery. Should I he smartly dressed as well? Just in case I am called up as a witness - unlikely I know. I just want to show a united front, but wont be too smart if I don't need to be.
Many thanks.

You will not be called as a witness. If she is pleading guilty then you may have put in a character reference in writing (but better to get a couple from non family members) but there will be no personal appearance from you.
If she is pleading not guilty then you could be a witness but you will not be in the public gallery, you have to remain outside until you are called inside.

Hi my dad came into the public gallery with me and he just wore casual clothes. Jean and t shirt as after all it’s me (your wife in this case) that’s in court and the stand and have to look good. They also never called my dad up as a witness neither.

Many thanks both. Went with instinct as case was this am. Wife pleaded guilty and is now on countdown to getting back in car again. It's such a relief, especially for her to get this part done with now.

Many thanks both. Went with instinct as case was this am. Wife pleaded guilty and is now on countdown to getting back in car again. It's such a relief, especially for her to get this part done with now.
Yeah this was the best bit for me. As before it your just waiting to find out your punishment. Whereas after you know how long your banned for and can focus on other things and just getting the license back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off