DR30 Confusion

Convicted Driver Insurance

abp412

Hi, could someone help me please as I'm being constantly given different answers...

I was given a DR30 in 2009 (sentenced in 2010) and given £150 fine and 10 points (no ban)..

I have a HGV licence and have understandably struggled to find work which is fair enough...but I have since been told that this has already been 'spent'
and should now be irrelevant although the points remain?

I'm due to attend an interview tomorrow and am nervous regards the dreaded licence check as ive already been told by 3 companies recently that my conviction raises their premium although this Could just be a polite no....

Could anyone please advise me on whether or not I do indeed have a 'clean' licence?

Thank you kindly.

Hi, could someone help me please as I'm being constantly given different answers...

I was given a DR30 in 2009 (sentenced in 2010) and given £150 fine and 10 points (no ban)..

I have a HGV licence and have understandably struggled to find work which is fair enough...but I have since been told that this has already been 'spent'
and should now be irrelevant although the points remain?

I'm due to attend an interview tomorrow and am nervous regards the dreaded licence check as ive already been told by 3 companies recently that my conviction raises their premium although this Could just be a polite no....

Could anyone please advise me on whether or not I do indeed have a 'clean' licence?

Thank you kindly.

You do not have a clean licence as a DR30 endorsement will remain on a driving licence for 11 years from the date of conviction, however, after 5 years the conviction will be classed as 'spent' under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

Spent convictions do not need to be declared to insurers and shouldn't affect any insurance premium, you also do not need to declare spent convictions to employers for most jobs unless you work in a position where you have contact with children or vulnerable adults, there are other jobs where you need to declare spent convictions such as dentist, nurse barrister etc., these are all listed in The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.

While you do not need to declare the conviction for insurance purposes and for most jobs, as you work as a driver any potential employer will look at your driving licence and see the conviction.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off