DR10 still on my licence after 24 years

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hobgoblin

Established Member
Hi. Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I was inspired to post due to a recent query from another member having a DR10 on their licence after 11 years.

I was banned for a year in 1994 under a DR10, but this is still on my DVLA record when I log in online, 24 years later.

I assumed it was because I hadn't updated my licence since the 11 years had expired. I have been at the same property for over 20 years so never needed to update it. It is one of the old paper ones. Whereas I have had no offences since (not even speeding), I did have to go to Court in 1993 because I was stopped when my MOT had expired 2 days earlier (no fixed penalties in those days). This wasn't intentional.

Do you think it is likely to be retained because I haven't changed address, or do you think it might be because I had this earlier Court appearance (Absolute discharge, no fine) or possibly due to a mistake on their part?

I might be conflating DVLA records with PNC records.

Thanks for your help.

When my DR10 endorsement reached 11 years old I returned my licence to the DVLA
for removal of the endorsement. I think it cost me £16 at the time.
Maybe that's why your endorsement still shows on your licence.

It should have been weeded long ago. Try logging in to the DVLA database and generating a code, as if you were getting it for car hire purposes. Use that code. If ithe old ban does not show up, then they are just showing you, as a subject access request, what information they hold on you. If it does still show up then get in touch with DVLA and complain that it has not been weeded. They should do that quite quickly.

I generated a check code and nothing comes up. It only comes up when I check my own licence.

Thanks for your assistance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off