Dr10 And removed with one remaining of 3

Convicted Driver Insurance

rick006

hi MY name is rick I had 3x dr10

Back in my late teens and one in 2010. I have had 2 of these removed after the required 11 years and my record now shows just one dr10 with 4 year ban and I was sentenced 14/07/2010 . its now been completed but can't be removed till 2021. in the 3rd DR10, I had 54mg in my breath and a copy of my charge sheet to prove it.
Am I correct in saying I am not a high-risk offender as 2 are removed or can they still use them against me

Rick,
I think I know what you are asking, but correct me if I am wrong.....
Your question is “now I only have one conviction in the past 10 years, am I a High Risk Offender?”

That is not how the law looks at it. It says that if at the time of the last offence, you had a previous conviction for drink driving within the previous10 years, then you will be treated as a High Risk Offender when the time comes to re apply for your licence back, even if that is 20 years into the future.

Does that give the information that you asked about - even if it isn’t the reply you Wanted?

Thanks for your time and reply

Even though the past 2 have been completely removed as I waited 11 years for each and then called DVLA and they agreed and removed them from my record,they can still use them against me? Would that not be discrimination or unlawful as they are removed. As in if removed they should be truly removed and not be able to be used in any form .

They are spent, but it does not alter the fact in law that at the time of conviction you had 2 disqualifications within a 10 year period which means that you have to do a medical before you get your licence back. Otherwise people could just wait to re apply and avoid the medical requirement which assesses fitness to hold a licence. The law says that a person in your situation must undergo a medical, it does not put a time limit on it.

Thanks, I still wonder then what removed from record means as they were both spent then removed after 11 years and do not show on my record.
If it has been removed from my then how can it be used against me as that would mean the other 2 were not truly removed .
so if i wait till 2021 and get my 1 remaining removed and my record shows as clean I would still be high risk? if so why say they are removed the old 2 are both spent then i had to wait till 11 years had passed to remove them so what would the point be . Even the DVLA cant seem to give me an answer I have called 3 times asking the same question, I thought removed meant Removed not deleted from "view my licence" but actually removed from the database

It is removed as a conviction, but not removed as in “ripped up, it never existed”
For example if you were to apply for a job which required an enhanced DBS check, Because you have more than one conviction, they would still all show up until the police force concerned decided to weed old convictions from their database. Some never do this.
A single conviction for most minor offences is non declareable after 11 years.
I am not likening you to a sex offender, but if you follow your logic that “if the conviction is spent, why do I have to follow a rule that was in place when I was convicted” then a sex offender could say: “I know you put me on the sex offenders register for life, but my conviction is now spent so why have you got the right to keep me on the register?”
Perhaps closer to your offence, someone could be convicted of dangerous driving and ordered to resit their test, they they claim 5 years later that their conviction is spent so they do not have to resist their test...... of course they do.
That is the difference between a conviction becoming spent and the requirement to do something in law still being active.

I get what you are saying. and agree especially say a sex offender. I am aware dbs enhanced and all will show up as did that for my job interview process. just strange the DVLA use the term removed they are not the police and will just see what they say when i send the form and fee in.
many thanks for help

I simply mean re applying for my provisional as never held a full licence . I know its £90 fee but unsure about weather im high risk as in the 2 removed are not allowed to be recognized or I have to do a medical etc which is expensive. I quit drinking a long time ago so should be fine

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off