DR1 Questionaire. 2 extreme scenarios.

Convicted Driver Insurance
So if you are granted a 1 year licence through alcohol issues then you will be required to supply medical evidence through your Gp (liver function test ) in order for you to keep your next one year licence, temporarily licences are issued out around alcohol issues and you will be asked to attend a Dvla medical every year for a total of 7 years, apologies if I wasn’t clear first time round, it can become complicated if your not upto speed with it ..
Is the 1 year temporary licence only issued after someone has completed the 12 month sobriety or 6 months controlled drinking that you mentioned in a previous message?

So 7 years of DVLA medicals at about £150 a time!? This just goes from bad to worse.
You only pay for the first medical. If the DVLA send you for another one (they have just done with me,) they will pay the medical costs. Plus it's not £150 it's £96 (and perhaps VAT if you are unlucky.)

The only question I answered yes to was if I had attended my GP for alcohol related issues within the last 6 years. Nearly everyone who is HRO will have their GP written to, so if your GP has anything recorded, answer truthfully. It won;yt always be held against you.

I've just gone through my second medical and I am on my second 1 year licence.

Did anyone mention that you only pay for the first medical?

You only pay for the first medical.

You heard it here first.

🤣

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off