Don't know how to live....

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bakkara

Everybody are pointing their fingers at me now. Since my court last Tuesday articles were published in two local newspapers. The yesterday one unbelieveble. Half a page text with the title Drunk Mother Was Sentenced for 24 months ban!!! Managed to mention 3 times about poor cop I kicked, 4 times about I had a drink and no mention at all what my soliciter said about my current situation and all the problems I have.

Everybody are pointing their fingers at me now. Since my court last Tuesday articles were published in two local newspapers. The yesterday one unbelieveble. Half a page text with the title Drunk Mother Was Sentenced for 24 months ban!!! Managed to mention 3 times about poor cop I kicked, 4 times about I had a drink and no mention at all what my soliciter said about my current situation and all the problems I have.

Todays news is tomorrows chip wrap paper. Tomorrow they will all be talking about something else. Try not to let it all drag you down. You were going through a hard time, made some stupid mistakes, doesent mean it defines who you are for the rest of your life. Well, not if you dont let it. If you think that you cant cope, signman is right, perhaps seeing a doctor may help, at least for the short term.

Please please please stopping saying this. You know what the newspapers are like, it's all about saying anything that they can get away with (mostly) to sell a rubbish rag as it's otherwise impossible to sell their newspapers without sensationalising stuff.

From the private messages that we exchanged there's no doubt at all in my mind that you're a fantastic mother who has made a mistake which was brought about by unbelievable circumstances.

Be good to yourself and put all of this stuff behind you.

:)

I know someone who, through errors and bad advice rather than malice, found themselves in court for benefit fraud. Like drink driving, it's an offence that the papers see as being a "hot button", and one where the courts have to be seen to be setting examples.

This person was splashed all over the local paper, and the text of the article used all sorts of unpleasant phrases to beef up the sensationalism. This was a few months ago, but the person in question has now put it all behind them. Nobody who knows them thinks any less of them, and nobody who doesn't know them can even remember the story being in the paper.

Just about everyone on this forum knows what it's like to have made an idiotic mistake and be punished for it. You're unfortunate to have been punished by the press as well.

All the paper cares about is selling papers, and they know full well that putting the word "drunk" next to the word "mother" gets people interested. The paper doesn't care about the effect on the subject of the story, and would defend themselves by saying that it's somehow in the public interest to report this stuff. Whether it is or not doesn't excuse the sensationalist manner in which these stories are written up.

If you're a nice person of good character apart from this one lapse of judgement, then remember this: the people who matter don't judge, and the people who judge don't matter.

Anyone who takes pleasure in judging others is asking for harsh judgement themselves if they ever step out of line, and let's face it, nobody lives a blameless life from cradle to grave.

"If you're a nice person of good character apart from this one lapse of judgement, then remember this: the people who matter don't judge, and the people who judge don't matter"

new_pedestrian: I'm glad I saw that. A tiny bit of consolation for me. I too made an unbelievably stupid mistake after receiving a call from a distressed child stranded after work and missing the last train home.

My life is on hold at the moment, I am beside myself with worry, as my job is in jeopardy over failing a bac test. I try and put things into perspective - I've been through so much and came out on top... now this! It is the shame and humiliation that I think is the worst punishment... I feel I have let everyone down because I mistakenly thought I had to do it all.. me to the rescue!

Bakkara, I sincerely wish you well.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off