Do you end up in court if you were to give false information and don't pass blood test???

Convicted Driver Insurance

JIMBAB4

HI there ive my medical Thursday week 3/12 and am freaking out a bit . i have a history of dependancy and misuse over the years with my doctor and been on and off the drink for a while now. normally do about three months off then go on it for about three weeks and need to phone doctor for librium to help me get off it. lost my licence for drink driving two years ago got a 12 month ban. then i got caught driving whilst disqualified last year and got a further 8 months. I also received a 2 monthr suspended sentence for 3 years. went on a 3 week binge recently before that hadnt drank since July. off it again now for about a week and a half. anyway basically wondering if i lie on the questionaire and dont pass the blood test. will i end up in court?? or do you think they just refuse your application?? any ideas or help welcomed.

The only advice I am going to offer is that you should face up to your problems with alcohol and address them.
You have been done for drink driving,
You ignored the legal requirement to not drive whilst banned
Now, faced with the process to get your licence back, you have gone on a 3 week binge...... and you are asking if you can get away with lying on the medical!
Take responsibility for your own actions and do not seek to drive and put others at risk until you have.

Reactions: TPR
HI there ive my medical Thursday week 3/12 and am freaking out a bit . i have a history of dependancy and misuse over the years with my doctor and been on and off the drink for a while now. normally do about three months off then go on it for about three weeks and need to phone doctor for librium to help me get off it. lost my licence for drink driving two years ago got a 12 month ban. then i got caught driving whilst disqualified last year and got a further 8 months. I also received a 2 monthr suspended sentence for 3 years. went on a 3 week binge recently before that hadnt drank since July. off it again now for about a week and a half. anyway basically wondering if i lie on the questionaire and dont pass the blood test. will i end up in court?? or do you think they just refuse your application?? any ideas or help welcomed.
If you lie on questionnaire and say you don't drink or have had problems and then you get a high CDT and they write to ya GP ya basically screwed ain't ya (sorry to be so blunt)

yeah its been playing on my thoughts. is it really worth the chance! I am considering telling the truth. which will result in no licence however better than being locked up for a couple of months. I don't think i could deal with that very well.

Jimbab, I tend to agree with Price. You should address your relationship with alcohol first. I doubt there’s any point in lying anyway on form because if you’ve been given Librium in the last year then that suggests a real problem with drinking (I’ve had that too). It’s not nice to hear that and feel free to tell me to mind my own business but I’m only trying to help. I was in a very similar position to you until the end of 2018.

I applied with DVLA March 2018 (lost licence 2016) after a stint in rehab but had actually started drinking again. I thought getting my licence back but be enough to curb my relapse. It wouldn’t have been!! Anyway, my licence was refused on a combination of an Amber cdt and also my GP notes. This news made me drink more!!!

I came to a point in December 2018 where I had to stop drinking! For my own life, not for my licence. Id decided I didn’t want a licence until I had actually stopped anyway because I didn’t want to cause any real injury/death/prison etc. I didn’t TRUST myself with a licence and I didn’t deserve one So I just accepted that.

I know if someone had written this to me 2 years ago it would have fallen on deaf/denial ears and I’d have thought they were completely overreacting. You may think that too and that’s fine. I’m not lecturing, just trying to help you see a clearer view.

Address the problem first. The DVLA aren’t muppets and they can see through a person who is trying to pull the wool. They saw through me. Get some help if you can’t do it alone, AA or another agency local to you. Your GP will point you in the right direction.

I got there and my life without drink is a million times better because it was causing me more issues than positives. I also got my licence back last month. That 12 months of abstinence went really fast because I was concentrating on ME and my recovery rather than my licence.
Good luck, you’re definitely worth it

A very content sober 40 year old woman

Jimbab, I tend to agree with Price. You should address your relationship with alcohol first. I doubt there’s any point in lying anyway on form because if you’ve been given Librium in the last year then that suggests a real problem with drinking (I’ve had that too). It’s not nice to hear that and feel free to tell me to mind my own business but I’m only trying to help. I was in a very similar position to you until the end of 2018.

I applied with DVLA March 2018 (lost licence 2016) after a stint in rehab but had actually started drinking again. I thought getting my licence back but be enough to curb my relapse. It wouldn’t have been!! Anyway, my licence was refused on a combination of an Amber cdt and also my GP notes. This news made me drink more!!!

I came to a point in December 2018 where I had to stop drinking! For my own life, not for my licence. Id decided I didn’t want a licence until I had actually stopped anyway because I didn’t want to cause any real injury/death/prison etc. I didn’t TRUST myself with a licence and I didn’t deserve one So I just accepted that.

I know if someone had written this to me 2 years ago it would have fallen on deaf/denial ears and I’d have thought they were completely overreacting. You may think that too and that’s fine. I’m not lecturing, just trying to help you see a clearer view.

Address the problem first. The DVLA aren’t muppets and they can see through a person who is trying to pull the wool. They saw through me. Get some help if you can’t do it alone, AA or another agency local to you. Your GP will point you in the right direction.

I got there and my life without drink is a million times better because it was causing me more issues than positives. I also got my licence back last month. That 12 months of abstinence went really fast because I was concentrating on ME and my recovery rather than my licence.
Good luck, you’re definitely worth it

A very content sober 40 year old woman
Hi there! Thanks for all the comments. I have been addressing this problem of mine for many years now. Been to rehab facility 7 years ago. Quit for 2 years completely and have regularly done 6 months. Recently taking the eye off the ball more frequently which need to stop doing definitely not worth it. No where near in the place I was back then. I just wanting to ask if you were dishonest on your first questionnaire and appointment when you got refused?

Hi... I was honest about rehab/detox because the DVLA doctor told me I had to be honest or I’d be in trouble if I lied and they found out. (Words to that effect anyway). I was probably quite economical with the truth about the amount I drank. I have no idea how much I was drinking at the time but it would have been way over the government recommendations. 😫. I do remember shaking in the medical and telling the doctor it was nerves and not the shakes 🙁 I’d just relapsed after rehab and 3 months dry and had this vague idea in my head that when I got my licence back I’d stop for good. Nerves of the test had made me drink and start again....... All quite messed up thinking from me and as I said before, I had to get ME sorted before I could really think about expecting to get licence back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off