DIDP

Convicted Driver Insurance

DonkeyKong

Established Member
I started my DIDP last night. Presenters are nice people, none judgemental, etc.
But I wonder what the guidelines are around being compelled to do this?
On my 200 hours CS I met another guy, who blew exactly the same as me. He got the same 200 CS hours. He got the same court costs. We are both HRO due to the 120+
But I have to do 15 x 3 hour evenings on DIDP, and he doesn't. Why would this be?

The DID course can't be offered to those with mental health problems, learning difficulties which would prevent them understanding the content, or five or more non-motoring convictions. They also are discretionary, in theory any drink driver with four or less DD convictions can attend but in reality they are usually limited to higher risk offenders.

They will also only put you on the course if they think you will learn something from it.

Attendance is mandatory, it used to be through Rehabilitation Activity Requirements although I think they use a different mechanism now. Either way, unfortunately if you've been told you have to go, even if someone did a carbon copy of your offence and didn't get the DID, it doesn't change your sentence.

Ok, ta.
I never thought for a second I could get out of it, I was just wondering why someone in the same situation didn’t have to do it. It’s not a big deal - it will be finished before the end of February, and isn’t running over Christmas. By Feb I will have done all my CS, paid my fines, done both DD courses, and done all RAR days. Probation are going to apply for early end, which is nice. Then got to wait another year for a license. Then never make the same mistake again!

Yeah, not the most exciting class to be going to though :censored:

On the plus side it's a massive plus for your HRO medical, so make sure to mention it.

You’ve been on it then? :-D it’s going to be a lonnnnnnng couple of months.
No but I'm one of the alcohol leads in the Trust I work for and so have a fair idea of the various options available with the probation service. Alcohol (normally referred to as ETOH in healthcare) admissions are fairly resource intensive for the NHS so we try to recommend ongoing support after discharge.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off