DD can anyone relate

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emily🙄

Hi

if you have a similar events to mine below could you let me know what you was sentenced?

i had to give a police voluntary interview
I had a duty solicitor with me.

basically I admitted at the scene of accident that i had a drink and was being cautious while driving, they did a breath test that had a reading of 4 times alcohol limit, this was at 8pm
no one was involved in the accident and I written off my car driving through some bushes.

At 22:00 i gave blood and the reading was 2 times over the limit ( my duty solicitor asked if I drank more that I told them as still a high reading after a few hours, I had 3/4 of red wine and no foodfor 24hrs)

I told them my reasons for the incident was that I was home alone finally and had a drink, I found out hubby is coming home so I panicked and went to a friends, to save arguments between me and my husband as drinking for us is a sin. I suffer from anxiety caused from covid job pressures and marriage problems and only recently am getting help .
I was approx 10 miles from home

the officer has confirmed that they are going to charge me and I should hear from the court.

Hi,

4x over means you are in the 140 range. Is it your 1st offence?

Guidelines are 29-36 month ban (Reduced by 25% if you do the Drink Driving Rehabilitation course) A fine but custody seems unlikely if it is your 1st offence.

I hope that helps.

Yes its my first offence, blood was twice over the drink limit.

I don’t think the roadside breath test would count or taken into consideration?

Hi,

This is what I can show you.

Details of offence as provided by you:

• Specimen Type: blood
  • Alcohol Level: between 138 and 206
  • No previous relevant convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

Possible High Risk Offender
If the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine you will be classed as a high risk offender.

High risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA Medical before their driving licence will be returned to them upon expiration of their driving driving disqualification.

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

I hope that helps.

Hi

if you have a similar events to mine below could you let me know what you was sentenced?

i had to give a police voluntary interview
I had a duty solicitor with me.

basically I admitted at the scene of accident that i had a drink and was being cautious while driving, they did a breath test that had a reading of 4 times alcohol limit, this was at 8pm
no one was involved in the accident and I written off my car driving through some bushes.

At 22:00 i gave blood and the reading was 2 times over the limit ( my duty solicitor asked if I drank more that I told them as still a high reading after a few hours, I had 3/4 of red wine and no foodfor 24hrs)

I told them my reasons for the incident was that I was home alone finally and had a drink, I found out hubby is coming home so I panicked and went to a friends, to save arguments between me and my husband as drinking for us is a sin. I suffer from anxiety caused from covid job pressures and marriage problems and only recently am getting help .
I was approx 10 miles from home

the officer has confirmed that they are going to charge me and I should hear from the court.
Hi,

My apologies I only checked your breath reading & replyed. Missed the part about blood.
All being well you will not need to sit a medical.

I hope that helps,

Last edited:

Hi,

I imagine the prosecutor could mention it, however your blood test will be used as main evidence on the limit.

I hope that helps.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off