DD, accident with a motorbike and not reporting

Convicted Driver Insurance

me4sunny

My husband was driving home after a work's party, drunk (0.7 promille), while looking for a park had an accident with a motorbike, got scared and drove away, then returned to see if the driver was ok, but still hasn't done anything, just came home. AN hour later police was at the door, they took him to the station and kept in all night before interviewing.

He is due to see the judge in tow weeks time. He also asked me to say I was driving, I did, but after 5 minutes it became clear that I wasn't and he then admitted it was him (that was before police took him to the station)

All I would like to know is - how likely is he get a prison sentence? He has a clean licence and no other convictions. We have a 20 months old son and I am 6 months pregnant, he just got a new job so not being able to come to work (if he is in jail) would mean he will loose it and we won't be able to pay our mortgage.

Any chance he can get away with less then 4 weeks jail (I'm not worried about fines, points, and community work - only the fact that he might/will loose his job if he needs to go into prison for more then 3-4 weeks)

Thanks for your message.

Before I can properly advise on sentence I would require a lot more information.

What is the level of your husband’s alcohol reading? Has he been charged with failing to stop/failing to report an accident? Was there any injury caused to the motorcyclist?

If you would prefer to discuss the matter over the telephone, please feel free to contact me on 0845 002 0736. Alternatively, I can contact you if you indicate a suitable time for me to call.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off