DBS

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alldaybreakfastin

Well Known Member
Hello,

I’ve tried to find this information online but can’t seem to.

I’m just wondering, when an enhanced DBS is done, what appears on the report? Is it simply the conviction e.g ‘driving whilst over the prescribed limit namely Xmg/ml of breath…..’ or is it a more detailed write up of exactly what happened? What was said in station etc? I’ve never seen one before so I’m just curious as to what information is on them (I’ve just had one done for a volunteering role).

Thank you!

Hello,

I’ve tried to find this information online but can’t seem to.

I’m just wondering, when an enhanced DBS is done, what appears on the report? Is it simply the conviction e.g ‘driving whilst over the prescribed limit namely Xmg/ml of breath…..’ or is it a more detailed write up of exactly what happened? What was said in station etc? I’ve never seen one before so I’m just curious as to what information is on them (I’ve just had one done for a volunteering role).

Thank you!
Just trying to remember off the top of my head, as I’m not at home but it didn’t make happy reading. My conviction was failure to provide, and I think it said what the fines etc were, length of ban. It was almost a full page. I’ve had about 16 DBS checks done ( I’m a nurse ) and could hardly look at this one…felt like a mass murderer. So the only solution is to alert a prospective employer and let them know exactly what happened, say what a difficult time it had been for you and you feel very regretful. I did one for voluntary work as well, and they didn’t have an issue with it. Work just said Don’t worry we’ve seen worse’ So we never really know how people will react, and it may also depend on their views on DD. But being upfront demonstrates that we are not wishing to conceal or down play anything. Good Luck, I think most organisations always value and don’t want to miss out of the opportunity of having someone good working for them.

Just trying to remember off the top of my head, as I’m not at home but it didn’t make happy reading. My conviction was failure to provide, and I think it said what the fines etc were, length of ban. It was almost a full page. I’ve had about 16 DBS checks done ( I’m a nurse ) and could hardly look at this one…felt like a mass murderer. So the only solution is to alert a prospective employer and let them know exactly what happened, say what a difficult time it had been for you and you feel very regretful. I did one for voluntary work as well, and they didn’t have an issue with it. Work just said Don’t worry we’ve seen worse’ So we never really know how people will react, and it may also depend on their views on DD. But being upfront demonstrates that we are not wishing to conceal or down play anything. Good Luck, I think most organisations always value and don’t want to miss out of the opportunity of having someone good working for them.
Thank you! Yep I informed them straight away, I was just curious as to what exactly is detailed on the report.

I am worried about future employment, hopefully they’ll be open to giving me a chance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off