DBS - the implications?

Convicted Driver Insurance

C J 1980

Established Member
Afternoon

I was convicted of drink driving earlier this year and I am presently looking for employment. I'm aware that my conviction is classed as unspent until the 5th anniversary of my conviction at court which will be in 2024.

I am curious to know more about the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) that comes up frequently in most job's I have looked at. Clearly I have to declare my conviction but does it rule me out of certain careers? Professional driving and even train driving is out of the question - I don't need to be a rocket scientist to know this!?!?!

From what I understand DBS has a major impact if you have been convicted of certain crimes such as domestic violence, sexual offences or violence.

My drink driving conviction is the only time I have fallen fowl of the law but I would like to clarify where I stand with the DBS. A careers advisor has reassured me that it should not effect me if I wanted to work with children or vulnerable adults but I'm still not 100% sure about this.

As you seem like a fountain of knowledge of legal issues - the purpose of my thread was to find out more about what potential employers are looking out for with DBS.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

C J

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off