D1

Convicted Driver Insurance

Suzi83

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Why is it so difficult to reapply for your driving licence!? 😭

I don’t own a cheque book,I live in the middle of nowhere, and don’t have any postal orders, the nearest post office is 10 miles away, I can’t drive there and there is no public transport.
I really don’t understand why you can’t do it online! :/

Also, £90 is a bit steep! I know we are being taught a lesson, but I feel the sentence and fine is enough of a lesson. £60 more than anyone else that requires a renewal.

Anyway.. just checking I don’t need to include a new photograph? My last one was only taken two years ago, surely they can use that?

Answers appreciated. Many thanks..x

That’s just the way the system is unfortunately. I was living in Europe when I reapplied for my licence and had to get my bank to send me a cheque book to a foreign address which they somehow misspelled 3 times. So I understand the struggle. Just order a cheque book to your address or wait until you go into town one day. When there’s a will, there’s a way.

My understanding is they can and will just use the last photo. Although if it were me I would always just phone and check, I would rather have it confirmed by the DVLA themselves as opposed to relying on common sense to find out they have suddenly implemented a new policy and you are victim number 1.

That’s just the way the system is unfortunately. I was living in Europe when I reapplied for my licence and had to get my bank to send me a cheque book to a foreign address which they somehow misspelled 3 times. So I understand the struggle. Just order a cheque book to your address or wait until you go into town one day. When there’s a will, there’s a way.

My understanding is they can and will just use the last photo. Although if it were me I would always just phone and check, I would rather have it confirmed by the DVLA themselves as opposed to relying on common sense to find out they have suddenly implemented a new policy and you are victim number 1.
Thank you for your reply @Bad_karma

And I thought applying from a village in the uk was hard!😅🤦🏼‍♀️

I have calmed down now. I’m going to order myself a cheque book tomorrow, thank you.
I also re-read the info leaflet and I don’t need to attach a pic.

I still think £90 is daylight robbery.x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off