Crashed car from drink

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ryan+×÷

Crashed car in October, wasnt arrested, blew 98 but due to injuries taken to hospital and gave blood test 4 hrs later, police saying test results back in March.

Thanks for all comments

Not much to go with if your asking for advice or help Ryan,
If latter give exact possible details when you started how much you drank what strength when you stopped other than that nobody can offer anything

Drunk 6 beers and a quarter of rum then crashed car 3 hours later, walked away from car with 2 broken ankles, had blood test 4 hours later but now have to wait 12 weeks

Not my forte Ryan just the messenger but we have good calculators on here

Last edited:
Drunk 6 beers and a quarter of rum then crashed car 3 hours later, walked away from car with 2 broken ankles, had blood test 4 hours later but now have to wait 12 weeks
Well that is part way there.....
what time did you start drinking And how long were you drinking for?
what were the “beers” ? Cans, pints, what strength?
when did you last eat?
how big are you?

Well that is part way there.....
what time did you start drinking And how long were you drinking for?
what were the “beers” ? Cans, pints, what strength?
when did you last eat?
how big are you?
About 12pm, it was skol 2.8vol cans, I ate nothing I'm 5,3

Ok, so we have a start time, but no finish time, nor the size of the cans?

There are two answers, both good.
you say you had 15 1/2 units between 12-8pm, then crashed 3 hours later.... then you had a blood sample taken 4 hours later. If you mean 4 hours after 8pm then you would get a reading of about 55-65, with the legal limit Being 80. If you meant, as I think you did, 4 hours after.....the 3 hours after, so blood sample at 3am then your reading would be 0-15.

There are two answers, both good.
you say you had 15 1/2 units between 12-8pm, then crashed 3 hours later.... then you had a blood sample taken 4 hours later. If you mean 4 hours after 8pm then you would get a reading of about 55-65, with the legal limit Being 80. If you meant, as I think you did, 4 hours after.....the 3 hours after, so blood sample at 3am then your reading would be 0-15.

Can the Police not do a back calculation?, but having re read the post it wouldnt make a difference, as the accident was 3hrs after last drink anyways

The police can do a back calculation, but generally this is only done where there are other people involved, not a one vehicle, one injury accident.
even if they did, it is not a precise calculation. Your reading At 11pm would have been About 80, but they deduct 6 from the final reading and then quote that as “not less than.....” as the final reading. If it is only a little bit over, because of the imprecise nature of the calculations, they would not go ahead.

Only witnesses and victims can get court travel costs unfortunately defendants do not. You can apply to the court to have the case moved but this takes a long time, also if the local police are there as witness it likely won't be moved.

I have never heard of a court transferring a drink drive case for the convenience of the defendant.
As Grice 96 says, what if you then plead not guilty and all the witnesses had to travel to your local court.... to save you travelling?

I only have once and it was due to the defendant being injured in a crash and unable to travel to Belfast court so it was held local. Took a few months for the courts to move the case too which only prolonged getting his ban, those few months could have been spent serving the ban.

Ah, the Northern Ireland factor where, for Brexit purposes, they want to be treated the same as the rest of the U.K., but when it comes to other matters, like abortion, they want to be treated differently.
Sorry I mentioned Brexit, I promise I will not do it again!

Please don't tar us all with the same brush Price, the religious nuts in the DUP only represent a small percentage of the population. A lot of unionists who support abortion vote for the DUP due to tribal voting, which is a whole other issue. Northern Ireland's a mess but we're not all c**ts lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off