Crashed Car, Blew 62 then Took to Hospital & Blood Test 4 Hours Later

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jamie_fletch91

I crashed my car Saturday night 8/9/18 I did a road side test and blew 62 at 21:30 then the officers then took me to hospital for check ups etc 4 hours later they took a blood sample to see what my alcohol levels are.... my main question is, is there a time limit they have to take bloods for testing? And what’s the chances my levels dropped low enough to not get a ban .... I got de arrested at the hospital and requested to go for a voluntary interview next weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general rule, alcohol levels rise, then level out before falling. It all depends on how your body negotiates that process. That is largely dependent on your physical characteristics such as you height and weight and is also dependent on when the alcohol is consumed etc. It would not be possible to say without the insight of a forensic toxicologist, whether your alcohol levels will drop below the legal limit in that time. Once your alcohol levels start to fall, they can do so between a rate of anything between 8 - 10 µg per hour. 4 hours, in theory could be enough to see you move under the limit.

4 hours wait in not an unusual length of time in these circumstances and the police would still be entitled to use the result in any evidential process.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off