Court tommorow

Convicted Driver Insurance
So I got the letter from the court says dr30 on it , also says I can apply 2 months befour the ban ends and I can drive as soon as I get my license ? So do they all say this if you have to have a medical ? Or ?

If you blown above 87.5 or refusal or 2nd offence within 10 yrs so automatically HRO and medical,
Ensure your GP records have no indication of alcohol abuse within 6 yrs or you might be required to have a period of abstinence

If you blown above 87.5 or refusal or 2nd offence within 10 yrs so automatically HRO and medical,
Ensure your GP records have no indication of alcohol abuse within 6 yrs or you might be required to have a period of abstinence
Definitely no alchol abuse on there , so it says 2 months to reply my license , so if a medical il need to do it earlier than that ?

Yes HRO can apply 3 months prior to renewed licence due to medical delays but you still cannot drive until the ban has passed.

Good your looking ahead Chelsea , am ashamed to admit my best years were during my ban! I cycled 20/30 miles everyday met wonderful people seen some great things! Now am just another blob in a metal propulsion box!

Yes HRO can apply 3 months prior to renewed licence due to medical delays but you still cannot drive until the ban has passed.

Good your looking ahead Chelsea , am ashamed to admit my best years were during my ban! I cycled 20/30 miles everyday met wonderful people seen some great things! Now am just another blob in a metal propulsion box!
It’s all you can do really is to look ahead and get on with life the best way ya can really what’s done is done and lesson is learnt hopefully these months will fly over ?????????????? , but why did they say a had to reapply 2 months befour ban though shocking ?

I bet I don’t pass the medical when i get it when bans up as I have depression on my doctor notes 2 years ago just Gunn’s be a hell whole to get my license back

Even with depression documented with your GP you will be required to fill in a M1 and your GP will fill out an M2, nothing out of the ordinary here chel, they done the same with me and investigated anxiety and my medication, again you just need your doctors support that you are fit to drive,......make sure you have a good rapport with your GP before applying ...

I bet I don’t pass the medical when i get it when bans up as I have depression on my doctor notes 2 years ago just Gunn’s be a hell whole to get my license back

I have depression, anxiety and have a past of suffering from psychosis and alcohol misuse. My father suffers from psychotic depression, the DVLA are aware of all of our medical histories and we both hold 3 year licences. DVLA is also aware of all medication we are on. You will not fail your medical for having depression, half the country would be without licences if they were refusing people with mental health problems.

I panicked about everything in the early stages of my ban too, the worst part is over now the dread of court. Just serve your ban, apply when it's your time and put it all behind you. I got my licence back in August and it's almost like my ban is ancient history to me now.

I have depression, anxiety and have a past of suffering from psychosis and alcohol misuse. My father suffers from psychotic depression, the DVLA are aware of all of our medical histories and we both hold 3 year licences. DVLA is also aware of all medication we are on. You will not fail your medical for having depression, half the country would be without licences if they were refusing people with mental health problems.

I panicked about everything in the early stages of my ban too, the worst part is over now the dread of court. Just serve your ban, apply when it's your time and put it all behind you. I got my licence back in August and it's almost like my ban is ancient history to me now.
Well that sounds better thanks x

Well supose some good new got paid out from insurance for my car I got a canny decent some a wasn’t expecting a lot back to be honest was a shock lol ? ,that’s half my insurance ready For when I get back on the road lol

Did they know you were drink driving? A lot of insurance companies will pay out for the other vehicle but not your own if you were drink driving.

Mine told me they were paying out right up until they were to cut the cheque, then I heard nothing. Chased it up and my claim was denied on the grounds of being found guilty of drink driving.

Yeah they know , also when do these Dvla send out that I’m a high risk offender is that upto the court to decide that a am ? Should my court letter say apply 3 months befour ? Cause it says apply upto 2 months ?

It never said anything on my court documents about being HRO. I only knew because of this forum. If you didn't blow or you blew over 87.5 you are HRO, no exceptions.

The court letter normally just says what your ban is, and what reduction they have offered for completing the DDRS course.
The functions of re applying are all down to DVLA and they write to you about 2 weeks after you are banned giving you more details. However, they send this to the address that is recorded against your driving licence so if you have not changed your address with DVLA you will not get it. They do not update their records from what you told the police or the court.

Mine says - to renew your licence you can do this upto 2 months befour the disqualification ends so you can drive as soon as it ends ?

If your letter says apply 2 months before, and you are a HRO, then it is wrong. It is definitely 3 months before the end of your ban. No matter when you apply, or when it is received, you have to look at the date on the licence to know when you can drive from. If the medical process takes you past the date you are no longer disqualified, you still cannot drive until the date on the licence happens.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off