court today

Convicted Driver Insurance

Cristof

Hello team, I just wanted tell you my short story.

I've been caught drink driving, unfortunately the score 87 in breath + small collision with another car. It has been really tough month of waiting for court date , so many sleepless nights and stupid thoughts. Full of stress and ready for the worst I went to court . In building I asked for solicitor ( free of charge ) but in result I didnt get one, dont know why, probably they had to deal with other cases.

Before I stepped in I had a really short conversation with legal adviser. In the room I was asked about name, dob, home address, how long I hold my licence. Judge also asked me about how much money I make monthly and how much i am able to save , thats how they calculated fine.

Result? 22 months off roads ( because i had a collision judge said i am high risk and I can hurt someone or myself ) with possibility to attend for rehabilitation course plus 423 pounds fine ( you can pay in installments ) . I've been aware that If i get caught driving disqualified I can go to the prison.

In the end you are asked if you want to say something so you know what to say... I've only received details about how to pay court charge, rest of statements will be sent to my home address, now i have to finish the claim with my insurance company...

Whole case was about 7-8 minutes, After all I realized that I didnt need solicitor to speak for me. Hope everything is clear :) I am glad it's over . Thats a relief , I am still active on forum to support everyone who's in need, we all make mistakes , lesson learned.

Good luck , dont stress , sorry if I made any mistakes in my sentences

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know the outcome.
For a ‘simple’ drink drive case where there is no significant risk of custody, getting the duty solicitor can be a lottery,
They are there to provide free advice and as you say they have to prioritise any cases where there is a risk of custody. Sometimes they will offer advice and go into court for you, sometimes they will offer advice but say they are unable to go into court and other times, as you found out, they are not available at all for your type of offence.

I've been caught drink driving, unfortunately the score 87 in breath + small collision with another car. It has been really tough month of waiting for court date , so many sleepless nights and stupid thoughts. Full of stress and ready for the worst I went to court . In building I asked for solicitor ( free of charge ) but in result I didnt get one, dont know why, probably they had to deal with other cases.

Before I stepped in I had a really short conversation with legal adviser. In the room I was asked about name, dob, home address, how long I hold my licence. Judge also asked me about how much money I make monthly and how much i am able to save , thats how they calculated fine.

Result? 22 months off roads ( because i had a collision judge said i am high risk and I can hurt someone or myself ) with possibility to attend for rehabilitation course plus 423 pounds fine ( you can pay in installments ) . I've been aware that If i get caught driving disqualified I can go to the prison.

In the end you are asked if you want to say something so you know what to say... I've only received details about how to pay court charge, rest of statements will be sent to my home address, now i have to finish the claim with my insurance company...

Whole case was about 7-8 minutes, After all I realized that I didnt need solicitor to speak for me. Hope everything is clear :) I am glad it's over . Thats a relief , I am still active on forum to support everyone who's in need, we all make mistakes , lesson learned.

Worst bit is over now cristof and can just get on with life now.

Aaah that’s just got me panicking again only because I was given my duty solicitors number. I contacted him this morning and haven’t heard anything back as of yet. I was hoping he was able to speak to me because of my anxiety. I full well know I won’t be able to speak for my self and I really want a few things to be mention at court. Anyways I’m really glad you’ve got your case out the way and I hope you are able to do the course in hope for a shorter ban!

Aaah that’s just got me panicking again only because I was given my duty solicitors number. I contacted him this morning and haven’t heard anything back as of yet. I was hoping he was able to speak to me because of my anxiety. I full well know I won’t be able to speak for my self and I really want a few things to be mention at court. Anyways I’m really glad you’ve got your case out the way and I hope you are able to do the course in hope for a shorter ban!
This is why I got my own solicitor. The duty solicitor that you saw at the police station may not be on “duty” the day that you attend court. If you find him ok though, you may decide to specifically hire him to represent you.

Aaah that’s just got me panicking again only because I was given my duty solicitors number. I contacted him this morning and haven’t heard anything back as of yet. I was hoping he was able to speak to me because of my anxiety. I full well know I won’t be able to speak for my self and I really want a few things to be mention at court. Anyways I’m really glad you’ve got your case out the way and I hope you are able to do the course in hope for a shorter ban!I
I was really stressed and judge noticed that. She was speaking to me clear and slow, rest of the members were not looking at me at all

This is why I got my own solicitor. The duty solicitor that you saw at the police station may not be on “duty” the day that you attend court. If you find him ok though, you may decide to specifically hire him to represent you.
Urgh see he needs to make that clear to me. I just remember him saying to me when I was let out ‘oh so I’ll see you in court’ and then gave me his number but there was no point doing that if he’s now not getting back to me😩

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off