Court today, depressed and no cheese in the house.

Convicted Driver Insurance

regretfull

So went in with my solicitor, first thing we notice is that the CPS police notes are full of lies and totally inaccurate.
There was also no police statement, witness interviews, nothing.

Why oh why did i admit to driving in the police interview!
All they had was my admission to driving under the influence, (they stopped me in a shell garage and didn't actually see me driving), and my breath results of 90.
Absolutely nothing i could have done with my admission.

Solicitor said if they had to prove i was driving they couldn't have done it and i would have been charged with the lesser offense of drunk in charge of a vehicle.

Anyway, it all great in hindsight. My advice to anyone is don't admit to anything! At least not until you seen ALL the CPS evidence.

So i pleaded guilty and my charge was 23 months ban, (reduced to 17 with the course which I'll do), and £600 fine.
It was all over in 5 minutes, piece of cake.

Obviously left feeling VERY low, and depressed that i had lost my car. Life will be difficult from now on.
I had to actually WALK to the local shop tonight to buy some cheese! (i never knew running out of cheese could be so stressful).

Lesson well and truly learned. A very expensive mistake that can easily ruin your life.

Just run out of Coffee this afternoon, back off to the fecking shop later.............

So went in with my solicitor, first thing we notice is that the CPS police notes are full of lies and totally inaccurate.
There was also no police statement, witness interviews, nothing.

Why oh why did i admit to driving in the police interview!
All they had was my admission to driving under the influence, (they stopped me in a shell garage and didn't actually see me driving), and my breath results of 90.
Absolutely nothing i could have done with my admission.

Solicitor said if they had to prove i was driving they couldn't have done it and i would have been charged with the lesser offense of drunk in charge of a vehicle.

Anyway, it all great in hindsight. My advice to anyone is don't admit to anything! At least not until you seen ALL the CPS evidence.

So i pleaded guilty and my charge was 23 months ban, (reduced to 17 with the course which I'll do), and £600 fine.
It was all over in 5 minutes, piece of cake

Obviously left feeling VERY low, and depressed that i had lost my car. Life will be difficult from now on.
I had to actually WALK to the local shop tonight to buy some cheese! (i never knew running out of cheese could be so stressful).

Lesson well and truly learned. A very expensive mistake that can easily ruin your life.

Just run out of Coffee this afternoon, back off to the fecking shop later.............

to be honest with you your solicitor is talking rubbish.  I have met a lady on a course, the police actually charged her in her own home after somebody grassed her up. she drove to a shop and they smelled alcohol on her, called the police, by the time she already went home, police came home charged her there. she tried to pretend she was drinking at home, doesn't matter to them, they can calculate it when and how much you drank due to the way alcohol is absorbed into your blood. plus they have CCTV, if you were in shell garage, they would see you drove there. But they don't need to, even some witness is enough for them. So, no point beating yourself up about admitting it. What's done is done, just wishing you strength, because I know it's not going to be easy, but will pass soon, trust me. For me it was all like one long bad dream, now still 4 months to go, but still not as bad as 18. I must have just switched off in the past year, like on auto pilot...In my opinion, solicitors talk a lot of rubbish, just to give you false hope, and get money. Trust me nothing you could have done would've saved you, mb not making a mistake of drinking that night would of helped, that's the only thing...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off