Court On Tuesday, Can I Have Some Advice Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

sabre

Good Morning, I got arrested for drink driving two weeks ago, I am due in Court On Tuesday 4th of August. I only drank about Four alcoholic Drinks and a few cans of red bull.

As I Was Driving Out Of a Car Park A Police Car Was Parked Opposite The Exit And they followed me for a about 1 minute.

The Result Of the breath test at the roadside was 37ug, When i was arrested at the station the second breath test was 43ug.

I Was Offered a blood and urine test which i declined.

Can You Tell Me What Would Be The
likely outcome ? im guessing 12 months ban.

should i speak to the duty solicitor?

Thank you

As you are only marginally over the prescribed alcohol limit I would say that in the absence of any aggravating features and assuming you have no relevant previous convictions, a 12 month disqualification is likely. I would always suggest seeking legal representation but choice of solicitor is a matter for you.

The Duty solicitor scheme will be available to you but there is no way of knowing who the duty solicitor will be or how much time he/she will be able to spend with you before your case is dealt with. The advantage of getting your own solicitor is that you can arrange to go and see him/her before the court date and spend time explaining you mitigation to him/her.

They Gave me 13 months ban and a Fine of £330. Was also Offered the course which would cut it down by 13 weeks.

Even my duty solicitor Told Me That My Breath Reading Was Low and I Should Of Taken A Blood Test.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off