Court in three days

Convicted Driver Insurance

Elliemay

I go to court in three days on drink driving charge. Feeling suicidal. Half an hour on this forum makes me think I'd be better off ending it all.

I go to court in three days on drink driving charge. Feeling suicidal. Half an hour on this forum makes me think I'd be better off ending it all.
Hey, please talk to us all on here. There have been lots of people that have gone through the whole process and once court is over there will be relief. I am still in your shoes and waiting for court. Do you have anyone around you that you have told about this?

I feel your pain. But I promise that once court is over the relief is immense. That's the scariest hurdle to cross. It's no where near as bad as you fear it will be.

I feel your pain. But I promise that once court is over the relief is immense. That's the scariest hurdle to cross. It's no where near as bad as you fear it will be.
What on here makes you feel like that? Are you scared of the punishment?

Would you mind telling us what your story is. What happened when you got arrested x

It’s a really difficult time but you’ll get out of it! Please try to think positively! It will be over quicker than you think! I definitely feel your pain,I’ve been there but honestly if I managed to get over those horrible days you will too! We’re all here and listening not judging! It’s always good to talk rather then punishing yourself!!!!

What on here makes you feel like that? Are you scared of the punishment?

Would you mind telling us what your story is. What happened when you got arrested x
Not scared of the punishment. Every day since I was arrested has been a punishment. I'm well aware of what I did was wrong. I just don't think that it's something I'll ever be able to recover from.

Not scared of the punishment. Every day since I was arrested has been a punishment. I'm well aware of what I did was wrong. I just don't think that it's something I'll ever be able to recover from.
Of course you will!! You have probably no idea how strong you are!!!!!! Unfortunately we can’t change the past!! But you’ll be over and done with it! You’ll get your license back (eventually) and put all these awful thoughts and days behind you!!! All of us in here made almost the same mistake as you (lots of people are) but we are all still here! Just keep talking!

I get that. I found once I knew how my punishment and I got court out of the way I started to be able to process it and find some peace with it. I found the drink drive course really helpful in finding closure and being able to look forward again

Of course you will!! You have probably no idea how strong you are!!!!!! Unfortunately we can’t change the past!! But you’ll be over and done with it! You’ll get your license back (eventually) and put all these awful thoughts and days behind you!!! All of us in here made almost the same mistake as you (lots of people are) but we are all still here! Just keep talking!
Sorry to say but "talking to people " just seems to end up with you being judged.

i reiterate what everyone else has said and it’s absolutely true that nobody judges each other on here.
We’ve all been there and are either still going through it (I am) or others have come out the other side. It might seem like the end of the world right now, but things WILL get better!

Talking on here won’t. We have all been in the same position. No one is here to judge. I think we all judge ourselves enough for anyone. I know I certainly do
Yes, quite frankly we do. We all make stupid decisions at times in our life and I hold my hand up to making one of those.

Hey, please talk to us all on here. There have been lots of people that have gone through the whole process and once court is over there will be relief. I am still in your shoes and waiting for court. Do you have anyone around you that you have told about this?
I've not told anyone. The shame is mine and mine alone. I wouldn't want drag anyone else into it.

I've not told anyone. The shame is mine and mine alone. I wouldn't want drag anyone else into it.
I haven’t told anyone else apart from my husband and kids at the moment. And I still don’t really talk about it much as I feel shame just like you do. I found this forum really helpful as I felt like I was the only one going through this. This feels like a safe space to talk about is as I know no one can really judge as we have all made the same stupid mistake like you say.

I am still waiting on my bloods back which has been 4 months. Which has been hell so far.

You know what-I was extremely shamed about what have I done (2014) but now I’m pretty easy to talk about it as I change my life and come out on the other side so actually I’m proud of myself as I did get over those horrible years and dark days! I hope you have got some support as it will help you massively too!!!

I haven’t told anyone else apart from my husband and kids at the moment. And I still don’t really talk about it much as I feel shame just like you do. I found this forum really helpful as I felt like I was the only one going through this. This feels like a safe space to talk about is as I know no one can really judge as we have all made the same stupid mistake like you say.

I am still waiting on my bloods back which has been 4 months. Which has been he

I didn't tell anyone either for a very long time and honestly it was the best thing I did when I finally told people because it took the shame away and the feeling that I was hiding something constantly

I'm in a slightly different position than others on here as I haven't been convicted of drink driving. My licence was revoked after an accident I had which was attributed to the medication I was on, my GP was kind enough to inform the DVLA that I drank too much and subsequently my licence was revoked pending evidence that my medical condition has improved and my drinking was controlled. That was in April last year and I'm still battling with medical professionals. Very few people know the reasons why I'm currently not driving and despite some very low moments during the early days I've managed to deal with it reasonably well.

A combination of being driven around by my wife and eldest son has helped plus the splurge on an electric bike. Online shopping is a godsend and I finally have the impetus needed to cut down on my drinking, so much so that I'm pretty much teetotal now.

It may seem like a complete shitshow but it does get better with time and even comes with a few benefits.

I'm in a slightly different position than others on here as I haven't been convicted of drink driving. My licence was revoked after an accident I had which was attributed to the medication I was on, my GP was kind enough to inform the DVLA that I drank too much and subsequently my licence was revoked pending evidence that my medical condition has improved and my drinking was controlled. That was in April last year and I'm still battling with medical professionals. Very few people know the reasons why I'm currently not driving and despite some very low moments during the early days I've managed to deal with it reasonably well.

A combination of being driven around by my wife and eldest son has helped plus the splurge on an electric bike. Online shopping is a godsend and I finally have the impetus needed to cut down on my drinking, so much so that I'm pretty much teetotal now.

It may seem like a complete shitshow but it does get better with time and even comes with a few benefits.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off